Warrior 3 FH review by Tanglewood

Tanglewood: Warrior 3 FH

Purchased from: Deaking Guitars

I play mainly rock and this bass works well with a lovely, crisp sound. I have been playing guitar about two and a bit years, but bass for only about 4-5 months, this is my first and only bass and I love it. My other gear is a Fender Highway 1 strat, Marshall 15DFX and my Page B20 bass amp and I must say I enjoy plaing this bass nearly as much as the 400 Fender. If this bass were stolen, I would never lose it, I would consider buying one the same again, if I could find one the same price. However as I got mine second hand I know they are more new, about 275-300, but I think the bass is worth it. If it were stolen though I might use the oppurtunity to upgrade to something like a Fender. I love the sound and the fact it is pretty light and my fave thing is the F- holes because I love those stylish, classy, big semi-acoustic Gretches and the like. Overall I think it is a fantastic bass for a beginner or intermediate player though may even be good enough for pro level. I would recommend anyone looking for a first bass to bypass the normal Squiers/Encores and other cheap basses, which I also looked at, and go but a Tanglewood Warrior 3 FH, a much better instrument at a similar price.

I have played this bass live and without backup although if I had more than one bass I would probably take two along just to be on the safe side. The strap has never fallen off and the strap buttons are solid. The finish seems solid and hard to damage, I've knocked the bass a couple of times but scratches are minimal, hard to see and haven't gone through to the wood. I think this bass will last as someone else had it before me and I've had it a few months, played live about five times and it is abosulutley fine.

My bass was set up well although there were a couple of minor niggles, nothing to really complain about though. There were a couple of scratches on the body, but it was used so the shop can't really be blamed. These scratches aren't overly visible anyway. The only other problem is that one of the knobs doesn't turn properly but this happened after I bought the bass. I think it's probablu just that the wire got tangled up or something.

I don't know what year this bass was made or where it was made as I bought the bass second hand. The neck is maple, I think, and the fretboard is rosewood and nice and smooth. It has 24 frets. I am not sure what wood the body is, possibly mahogany. The finish is a nice, lovely black but you kind of see through to the wood grain, which is nice. I have also seen this bass in a natural finish. The body style is just like a normal bass, kind of shaped like a strat, but the thing I like most about it is the F-holes which lend a bit of class to the look and the gold hardware which looks well flash. There are 4 knobs on the body, two volume and two tone. The pickups are from EMC Electronics, with one single and one double pickup. The tuners have no brand. I didn't get any extras with this bass.