SB-1-BK Review

manufacturer: Titan date: 08/09/2006 category: Bass Guitars
Titan: SB-1-BK
item is a no frills way to get you going. If you just need the bass, and a way to hook up, this is the ideal way to start movin'. With the 5 year manufactures warranty, you can jam without worry.
 7.7
 8.8
 6.6
review (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
SB-1-BK Reviewed by: fret13, on august 09, 2006

Features: This model doesnt't really a model name, it's the only bass of it's kind and it didn't even have an official box or logo on the guitar. I had bought it from an online guitar store on ebay so I assume that this was it's origonal box (cardboard) no pictures on the box or anything. I did find info on the internet though. It was made in 2006 it has 20 frets mapel neck and solid alder body. It is a laminated top they are rosewood frets it has gloss finish. Regular electric guitar/bass design, regular bridge, passive electronics, volume and tone are given, 2 single coil pickups no specific brand, this also came with a gig bag strap and chord. // 7

Sound: My music style is punk rock, rock, and some sorts of emo and hardcore. I think this guitar is fit for playing any kind of music. I do recomend turning the tone nob to 0 or else you can hear your else you hear your self sliding through the frets louder than your blocky music when it's turned all the way down though it makes a perfect bass sound. Can be noisy. This guitar doesnt't have too much variety with it's sound it's just a bass. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: When I bought this guitar it was in perfect condition and it still is today. I've never had a problem with it. It had no burrs or dents everything was perfect not a single complaint. No anything was wrong with this guitar and I doubt there ever will be it's very sturdy, a little unbalanced and has no flaws absolutely wonderful instrument. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I've never tried anything live but it seems worhty and solid. I had to change the strap because the one it came with wasn't as good as my spare but if you aonly had that strap it came with it's not really a complaint. I would depend on this guitar just as good as I depend on my electric guitar. This guitar is good enough to get burried with you when yo die and someone to find it 100 years later and play it like it was new. // 9

Overall Impression: I play any kind of rock that isn't metal and it goes right along with it and I don't think you'd have problem playing any other kind of music with it. I've been playing guitar for about ayear and bass for about 4 months they aren't that much different so I felt fine playing this bass for the first time. this bass was only $32 and I think if it were stolen I'd buy it agian because I'm not that rich and it should be worth like $90 but I can live with $32 haha. I love that it's a musical instrument and that it plays music what else could you want. It's not as good as a Fender or Ibanez but if your not rich like me (because you don't have a job or are too young to) than this is your bass. I wish it came with an amp. // 10

Comments