Array 4 review by Traben

Traben: Array 4

Can range from super-mellow to rock-your-balls-off punchy. Awesomely versatile, probably cause of the active electronics. Great harmonics and sustain, due to the massive bridge. I play everything from blues and jazz to funk and slap to metal and punk, and this bass has never let me down.

This is the best bass I have ever touched, however short-lived it may be. I love the versatility of its tone, as well as the aesthetic value of the radical body and bridge design. If something happened to this bass I would probably replace it with a higher model of Traben, preferrably one with a gloss finish that wouldn't chip.

I have had my Traben for a little over a year. The finish chips very easily around the edges, and dents easily too. About a month ago, my Bass pot came loose inside the guitar, and I had to remount it. Also, the neck has bent, or something, and the action at the 24th fret is waaaay higher than it should be, though I could probably fix that with a truss rod adjustment.

I got this from a discount dealer, and when I bought it it was already set up just right. He said he had just gotten it, so assuming it was brand-new, the factory set-up is superb. Action was low enough to be super-fast, but not so low as to give buzz. Custom Traben strings come standard on the bass, and sound great, and the bass holds tune for months. I just moved overseas from Maryland to Taiwan, and after a month and a half of travelling on a boat overseas, the bass was still in tune when it arrived.

My Traben is a 4-string Array bass. 24 frets, active electronics, two active Traben soapbar pickups (with a blend knob, not a swich), abalone dot inlays, matte black finish, and a specialty Traben Array bridge. Volume, pickup, bass, mid, and treble knobs. Amazingly thin, fast neck (thinnest bass neck I've ever played on, in fact).

AxLMaYhEM
    i have to disagree with the "best bass i have ever touched" sentence. Ive played one and its not bad, but then again it isnt good either. it looks amazing probably the best looking. too bad it doesnt play as well as it looks. you want a all-time greatest type bass, check out Fieldy's signiture K5 Ibanez. That is one of the best I have ever played, and not just me alot of others too.