Array 4 review by Traben

Traben: Array 4

It suits my style of music perfectly. I play blues, funk, metal, rock. Well basically anything I can get my hands on. I'm playing through a small Crate practice amp, but it still sounds amazing. No noise at all with the volume up to 8, but after that it starts to hum but I believe that's just the crap amp. The bass itself has a amazing sound even with out the amp. This bass works perfect for slap bass, and finger/pick style.

This is a good match for my variety of music choices. I have been playing bass for a month, but I have been playing guitar for 2 years. Along with I have messed around on my buddies bass in this time. I wish I would of got the sales lady's number, but that has nothing to do with the bass. It was cheaper then a squire with higher end components. How could I beat that. If it was stolen or lost, I would buy from Traben again, but I might go with another model. If I'm going to pay full price I'll get something I would like. I love almost everything about it. Only thing I don't like about it is the finish. I wish it was a gloss black, but oh well. I compared it with some B.C. Rich basses, and Squiers. They didn't even compare in ranks. I also tested out some shectors but for the price I couldn't say no. I wish it was gloss black, but that's just cosmetic compared to tone.

This bass would withstand Live playing like a tank would withstand running over a ketchup packet. It has stayed in tune for a whole month with me playing it at least 2 hours a day. The hardware is sturdy and seems like it could take a kick without snaping. The strap buttons that came with it are not stock, they are Dunlap locking, but they are solid as the bass itself. I would definably take it to a gig without a backup. I could trust this bass to go on tour without a backup. The finish does leave a little bit to be desired considering that I prefer a gloss over satin. I believe satin is weaker then gloss, but that's just me. If you like satin paint it's perfect.

The action was set up very well, but It came from the music store used. It did not come from the factory. The pickups needed to be lowered for my taste, they were blocking my slaps. Even used this bass looks almost prefect except for a small paint dent. The guy who owned it before played many gigs with it, and it still works marvelously.

This bass I bought used, I have no Idea where it was made or what year it was made. It has a 24 fret 34" scale neck. It seems to have Jumbo frets on a awesome rosewood fretboard. It has a nice maple neck though with a natural finish and it is pretty thin. The finish is a an amazing satin black on the body, and a natural finish on the neck. The body style is a double cut Array stay. I really don't know how else to explain it without a pic. The bridge is the signature Traben tribal flame, with a string through body style. The controls are an amazing equalizer, with a blend nob and a master volume. Each one has a middle notch to tell you when you are 50/50. The T-9 active pickups are pretty clean. It has 1 massive humbucker, for the neck, and what appears to be a triple coil in the bridge.

LetTheBassPlay
    well, you have to take into mind the fact that the person who said that might not have tried many basses. But first review was very helpful. I've been thinking about looking into a Traben to increase my number of basses.
    aaciseric
    I think I will get one of these buti i'm put off by what the first reviewer said about it chipping easily and the other problems he experienced, has any one else had these kind of problems?
    blacksabbathlee
    heyy get the traben, its good for the money, and fender is just a brand name, at least you get the real thing, because if you buy an aerodyne, its hardly a USA or anything, and at least this bass plays alot better than an aerodyne, the action on the fender basses is really high, and can take ages to adjust, these come out of the factory perfect
    Lemurs4mangos
    Just put a 5-string array on layaway, I've played it a couple times before LOVE THE TONE! Looks amazing too, gonna show some people that keep saying the bass I have now is crap. Maybe they'll stop dissin on me. (I'm so much better than all of them too.) haha
    ovalman24
    ive played the 5 string version and it was a beast and the first review is right about it being versitile in playing things from funk to metal, i play jamiroquai and cannibal corspe and in my oppinion the k5 doesnt compare, dont get me wrong i love the k5 but for those who wont quality with out the 500 pound price tag this bass is wel worth it i think you can pick up the 4 string for about 250 pound
    Urban1ninja
    i would get the aerodyne because its probally lighter and easier to play. i've never played this bass (yet) so i might be wrong but i would go with the fender... but its more expensive.