BASS235 review by Tye-Ger

• Reviewer's score: 6.4 Neat
Tye-Ger: BASS235

Purchased from: Anonymous Website

As I said I am not a major bass player but I do know how to play bass and I do for a small band from time to time. The bass actually has a decent sound for it to be so cheap. However the bass is very noisy. Even with strings muted it is noisy. The problem is in the ground or at least I believe so. I resoldered the ground wire and it is not as noisy as it originally was. I've played "Smells Like Teen Spirit", "Killing In The Name Of", and "Seven Nation Army" on the bass numerous times and the tone is decent but as I said the noise is too insane therefore I'm giving the sound a 7. This does not fully suit my style but I think it could suit others. I play a little bit of everything but mainly metal, rock, and blues.

I think this bass would be good for someone wanting to try bass to see how they like it. If you blow $100 on something you will never pickup to play that's better than buying a really expensive bass. If it was stolen I wouldn't care really. I have a bass I use that I would loan to my friend. I will give it a 7 because for the money I thought I wouldve had to rewire and work on more than I had to.

This is a starter kit guitar and a cheap one at that. I would not recomend this guitar for live playing unless some serious work is done to it. The strap buttons seem solid. I could understand having this as an absolute backup maybe like 3rd on the rack in case all else fails but first NO.

The setup on the bass is no issue at all the action when my friend first got it was perfect. The pickups needed to be raised but that's no big issue. I had to file some of the fretwires for him and as I said in the sound part of the review I had to resolder the ground wire due to noise. I'm going to go through the configuration next because some of the hum is still present. I love the black finish.

Year: 2010 - Its in a starter pack and it comes with small 5 watt amp. - Basswood Body and a rosewood neck - The pack comes with a cables and a strap. - Finish on my friend's is a metallic black. - Passive stacked pickups I'm rating features a 6 because there is hardly any background info on the bass online. I am not a full time bassist I am a guitarist and some of the criteria could not be found so I did my best. This is my friends bass. I play bass also but he is a beginner of like 1 or 2 months.