Wraith review by Vintage

Vintage: Wraith

Purchased from: Apoco Music

The sound is definately a metal sound, which is what you expect. By changing the controls you can get a very avried sound, from an overdriven and distorted guitar to a plain, not so exciting sound. I am using a standard Marshall bass amplifier (B15), as I don't need to change the sound of the bass with an amplifier. It can be very noisy when needed and there is a large variety of sound in the bass. If you are wanting a bass with a great distorted/overdriven sound, I would reccommend this one!

Overall it is a great match for my music styles which are mainly metal and heavy rock. I've been playing for almost two years and this guitar has been the best bass I've bought so far. If my guitar was stolen I would probably buy it again because it's got the sounds I need. I love the individual body shape and sound. However the only drawback is it's weight. It is far heavier than any other bass I've played but it makes up for it in sound and shape. I would reccommend this bass to intermediate bassists. I feel it is the best bass you can get with the money as it is such great value. Well worth a look at!

This guitar will definately withstand Live playing as it is quite a 'tough' guitar and can take a lot of battering. The strap buttons are very solid as I liek to throw it around when I play and it stays in perfect condition! I would be confident with my bass enough not to bring a back up to a gig. As it is a dark finsih you can't see any marks on it if you make any marks.

I bought my bass from a shop, but when I bought it it was in perfect condition. Everything was fitted perfectly and there were no faults with how it looked or how it was put together. The wood was finished well and there were no marks or scratches to be seen.

"With an aggressive individual look that definitely takes no prisoners the Metal Axxe Wraith bass is a power loaded guitar. Versatile full of rock tone and ready to rip." It is a very modern bass and I bought mine in 2007. It is a Vintage guitar, and mine was made in the USA. IT is a standard 4 stringed, 24 fretted bass guitar with a twist. It is made of solid wood (Eastern Poplar) and has a laminated top, that changes colour depending on how the light falls on it. It can look either green or black. The neck is made of Maple with bolted on fret board. The neck is a great shade of light brown and looks really good on the bass. The bosy dhape is an individual design, and one you wont find on any other guitar. It is designed to look like an axe, but it has been curved and pointed to form a vicious looking body (that's whay it's called the Axxe bass). It has a heavy duty, multi adjustable bridge that has a raised tail. There are 4 controls, and they are: volume, treble, tone and balance. Once all are tuned up they provide a great metal distorted and overdriven sound. The pickups are 1 Wilkinson split PB and 1 Wilkinson PJ and fit in well with the bass. The Vintage Wraith Axxe bass has a Wilkinson WJB150 tuner.

pink-maggit
    i put 5 string ernie ball hybrids in this beast (discarding the G string as the stock strings on this bass hates low tunings) old skool korn songs sound awesome in slap also playing around with this on a line-6 gives you serious soundz
    Korzack
    I hate to say it chaps, but http://www.jhs.co.uk/metalaxxe.html They do make basses in that shape. And whilst it sure as hell wouldn't be MIA (Probably China or Korea), it still exists. Strange to see a Warwick Eagle copy though (Or whatever Entwistle's sig. shape is called)
    jb_reborn
    "The neck is made of Maple with bolted on fret board. The neck is a great shade of light brown and looks really good on the bass." i take it you dont know what you're talking about. how the hell do you bolt on a fret board? hehe and the previous comment "and it is a bass guitar, so yeah it is still a guitar" is extremely arrogant and stupid.
    skillsthatkills
    ***note to all of you i didnt actually post the picture i only posted the review so get off my case, the UG crew did the very top bit about vintage, NOT ME
    Les Paul Ell
    My mate used to have one of these. It's not very good, don't get it. The pickups give a mid-less screech no matter how you set the amp it seems and it looks stupid.
    saberrocks
    What the hell? Is it a bass or a guitar? The picture and the specs are for guitars, while you say, and I cite: It is a very modern bass and I bought mine in 2007. It is a Vintage guitar, and mine was made in the USA. IT is a standard 4 stringed, 24 fretted bass guitar with a twist. and: I bought my bass from a shop So, what is it?
    Mortalitas
    I have one of those, made in 2004 though, absolute piece of crap, im going to write a review when i have the time.
    charles3345
    WHAT THE FUCK dude this is not a bass holy crap u dont even know what ur playin????!!!!