Corvette Double Buck review by Warwick

Warwick: Corvette Double Buck

OMG. The sounds I can get out of this thing have to be heard to be believed. Easily the most versatile bass I've ever played without a single doubt. Great for rock, metal, funk, jazz, r&b, everything is covered. Through pod farm or my Zoom B1 the effects are handled perfectly. Passive sound is gentle for more chilled styles or, push the volume knob in for active, and get badass tones for heavy rock and metal. Shielding is flawless, no hum at all when playing or recording. I haven't tried to down tune this bass at all, but I have no doubt that it would cope with no problems.

I play mainly rock and metal, and it's definitely a good match, but to be honest, it's so versatile I think it would be suitable for anything. $900 is a hell of a lot of money to me, but I don't regret it for a second... It's taken my enjoyment of music to a whole new level.

Definitely would withstand live playing. This bass is built to last years. I would use it at a gig without backup, definitely. Only flaw I have found (and it's only a small one) is that the strap knob at the bottom needs tightening quite often, as with a strap lock it seems to work itself loose. It's never fallen off though. What I did was remove the knob, put a tiny bit of glue in the screw hole and screw it straight back in, and it's never come loose again. I would suggest taking it to a tech for that though!

I bought it second hand so I have no idea about the factory set up. It was shipped to me by courier from the USA to the UK, and when it arrived it was still perfectly in tune straight out of the case, which says a huge amount for the quality. Action and intonation both perfect. Frets are perfectly even. No loose controls, hardware is awesome, tuning pegs are nice and tight, and the wood is incredible. Great sustain.

This bass was made in Germany, 2008. I hear they've recently moved production to the far east, but not sure which country, possibly Korea or Japan? 24 bell brass frets, awesome tone and feel for any style, pick or fingers but amazing for slap. Solid swamp ash body, wenge fretboard, ovangkol neck. The finish is a beautiful Nirvana Black Oil. This finish doesn't need to be waxed, so easy maintenance. Bridge is the Warwick 2 piece, very easy to set up. Both active and passive... Best of both worlds:) with MEC humbuckers and a 2 band pre-amp. Pickup selectors for each humbucker.