Corvette Double Buck review by Warwick

Warwick: Corvette Double Buck

Price paid: € 1000

Purchased from: Arco Greece

I play this bass through a Warwick Sweet Combo. I've played with this bass a range of styles from blues to funk to rock at which there was little room for improvement and some metal the only genre in which it doesn't correspond as entirely brilliant as the rest.it can produce from jaco growl sounds to ratm and nu metal low sounds. I've used it with distortion to some muse songs and it fits it well. If you want a bass for lower tunings than the standard it would be better to look elsewhere.it can range from bright to heavy and it can cover almost any style.

It is a bass that has a great range of sounds and the more I fiddle with it the better it gets. I'm really aint going anywhere else! This is a Corvette after all! I don't think you can find anything as versatile as this at this price.it was made to groove mostly but with a little help I'm sure it can shred! The only other bass that can really come close to this at this price range is the mayones be exotic although it has a more metal edge that what I'm going for!

Other that the already known strap lock problem(really loose)that can be fixed with superglue the bass is really reliable. Although its been kinda of a lazy year livewise for me it can really step up and provide you with everything that you can ask. The hardware its really solid plus I've travelled for the last year everyweek through busses to get to rehearsals and the body barely has any scratches(and I'm clumpsy. I don't use back ups when I play live(I change the battery tho everythime because like I said its not really good as a passive bass).

The finish is great and with some jim Dunlop polisher it looks as good as new one year later. The action was great from the time I got it (sure I modified it a little to adjust it to my needs).the pickups where high enough to mess up the sound to the higher frets but thats easily fixed. One thing I noticed is that you can't really tap at 23.24 fret with great ease but I suppose that's what you expect from this price range(its not exactly a rainbow bass).also when I slap the E Sting its a little dampened and shy but this is easily fixed with a service.

I have the 4string ash body version with a bubinga body top(custom) maple neck wenge fretboard 24 frets and active humbuckers(2).the body style reminds of the classic Warwick design but without the really buff neck that made them really irritating in the past! The pickups are Mec (really good ones)it has 4 knobs(volume pickup selector treble and bass)and you can choose between passive and active electronics by the volume knob(the passive is really weak tho).also there are 2 switches that allow you to make the humbuckers single coil.also the bridge can be a bit of a chore and I'm kinda nervous when I use it to lower tunings but its mostly in my head. I got an awesome gigbag with it(really durable)and a great tool for the trussrod.

gazzatriumph
    Great bass and very cheap second hand. Awsome sound and growl, light weight, better than my Fender deluxe P. Bought as a second bass but now first choice.