Corvette Standard Fretless review by Warwick

Warwick: Corvette Standard Fretless

I play many styles of music myself and this bass was perfect for me. I play mostly Pop Punk, Punk, Rock, Funk, Jazz, Blues, and techno. I have 2 bass's that are good mostly for the Rock part of my playing so I needed something different. This bass has a nice deep full sound to it. It always sounds good with however I adjust it, it turns out to be what I want. Wether I want a more twangy sound, or a deep sound. I use a Zoom B2 pedal, and I play through an Ampeq, Behringer, and Hartke. I think it sounds best out of the Ampeq.

Overall, I love this bass with all my heart. It's my third bass and for where I am in my music career I have to say it's perfect. My next choice would probably be a Fender Jazz, or a Fender Jaguar. My favorite part about it is probably the fact that it's fretless, wich is wat I was looking for when I was looking for this bass. I find it pointless to get basses that have just the same setup as other basses you have. I have a 5-string, a normal 4-string, and now a 4-string fretless, I want maybe a jaguar next because of all the different capabilitys in sound that it offers, it doesn't just have one sound, or I would want a 6-string jazz bass next. But overall this is by far my favorite bass that I own so far.

I never use this bass at any of my shows with my band 2AM, only because I go insane and I don't want anything happening to it. But I do play it Live at my school and other small shows like that. I can rely on it at a show for hours on end. It never gives up on me. I never have to worry about it denting because it seems pretty solid and strong, although the finish isnt very good against scratching, it does scratch easily I found. Everytime I play it or let someone else play it, they can't wear a chain and thier shirt has to be long enough to go over thier belt buckle, and also if there's any metal on thier pants.

When I first got it it was perfectly put together, the action was perfect for me. The tuning pegs were tightly put in they don't wiggle at all. The pickups are perfectly rested in place. It was even in tune when I tryed it out at guitar center, imagine that. I don't like how small the lock straps were that came with it, it was such a pain to get it on my strap, kus my strap is think and the locks were pretty small.

This bass was made in Germany. It is fretless but it could fit 14 frets, the neck is average size, not to long or wide, not to thin or short. The wood of the body is Swamp Ash, and the neck wood is Ovangkol. The finish is Nirvana Black Oil. The body style is double cutaway. The electronics are passive. Tere is a volume and 2 tone controls. There are 2 MEC J/J pickups. The bass came with a really nice gig bag, users guide, polishing cloth, allen wrench keys, and lock straps.

(...)
    ^haha yeah thats what I was thinking. probably gonna get one of these this summer. *drools*
    bwazy
    Your band is named 2am? Wow what a coincidence that theirs a band named Sixx:A.M. I'd like to invite you to my band, Motley Group.