Thumb 5-String Bass Review

manufacturer: Warwick date: 03/24/2005 category: Bass Guitars
Warwick: Thumb 5-String Bass
The Thumb Bass is crafted from selected bubinga, wenge and ovangkol hard woods. These attractive, exotic woods, combined with Warwick's unique construction techniques, maximize the instrument's stability and maintain remarkable overall compactness.
 9.4
 8.7
 2,762
review (1) 6 comments vote for this gear:
Thumb 5-String Bass Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 24, 2005

Purchased from: private

Features: I'm talking about a Warwick Thumb 5 string 1990 fretted and neck thru. It has 26 frets, bubinga wenge woods; Mec pickups. 3 knobs: volume (active/passive), pickup switch, bass/treble. The costruction of this bass is simple great. I can't find any complain eaven if I wanted to. It's impposble believe. The neck and body are very smooth. Costruction really great. The hand runs and the speed of light. The new Warwicks are also good basses, but in my opinion they have far to high prices for the quality that they offer. I mean I've payed 1500 dollars for this bass and I think that I can't find any better Thumb bass for this price. Why? Because it's handmade and the woods are very highly selected. It's really a quality product. Nowdays Warwick make everything (almost) by machines. You know, wou spend for the instrument and you have a good instruments but not even close as good if you would pay the same money for a custom made bass. Example: new Thumb 5 string neck thru (2500-3000 USD). // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The pickups, neck it's great. The preowner really paid attention to the instrumnet and everything is in great condition. Pickup adjustement is perfect like the neck, bridge and everthing else that you could immagine. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I think that this instrument would last forever. It has 15 years now and lots of gigs, studio recording and everything that you could immagine. And, eaven after all of this it'sttil perfect. Sounds great, looks greats. // 10

Overall Impression: I think that the Thumb bass it's perfect for modern rock (it's the style of music that I play). With good hands on it I think that it would work great eaven for any style of music. The only thing I don't like it's the slap sound it just doesen't come well to my ear but when I purchased this bass I was not searching for a good slap tone. If someone would stole it then. he will have to be very scared of me because if I would find him, he will pass the worst 30 minutes of his life! I higly recomend this bass to everyone. But go find old Warwicks for the price that you pay you receive a unique instrument. // 10

Comments