Corvette Standard 4-String review by Warwick RockBass

Warwick RockBass: Corvette Standard 4-String

Purchased from: Daddy's Junky Music Hartford

The Warwick Corvette series is really great for anyone, and basically any style. I've played bass for 3 years (I've got an Aria Pro 2 6-string and a Fretless Jazz as well) and my Warwick is the best I've ever owned. My only regret is that I didn't hold out a bit longer and snag the fretless version I saw recently, but heck, you can't have everything. When I was looking around I tried out a Spector and an ESP B404, but I thought the Warwick beats them both hands down. All in all, this is a great bass, I'd reccomend it to anyone.

This bass is bombproof. There's really no other word. This thing could play live forever. No, I wouldn't gig without a backup, but then again, I'm just paranoid. This bass was obviously meant for years of hard playing.

Again, I got it used, but everything looked fine. I noticed a slight buzz near the bridge playing an open low E, but it worked itself out with a bit of fiddling. One of the tone knobs also rattles a bit, but it doesn't seem to affect the sound at all.

I got my Warwick used, but it still plays just as well as new Warwick's going for twice the price. Like all true Warwicks, it was made in Germany (although my tuners still say east Germany for some reason). It has 24 jumbo frets which top a beautiful wenge fingerboard. The body is all bubinga, and has the standard Warwick oil finish, this thing glows! My bass has the standard MEC passive electronics, with two J-style pickups. A volume and two tone knobs complete the setup. The tuners are, again, standard Warwick (no idea about brand). All hardware is chrome, including knobs, tuners, and bridge. I didn't get any accessories.