Corvette Standard 4-String review by Warwick RockBass

Warwick RockBass: Corvette Standard 4-String

I play all styles. Mostly metal thoough, and this bass handles the power needed to make a metal sound. She has the best growls on the low end notes, and yet high up, she keeps a nice sweet tone. It can make whatever sound you wish of it. However, as it is a "beginner's" bass, it does lack in the overall tone, it is not as rich as higher end basses. But, for $900 CAN, I have not found another bass in this price range that I can even compare it to.

This is my trusty, one and only bass, holding up after a year of me playing it. I play all sorts of styles when I'm playing bass, and this baby is very versatile. I do play mostly metal, and this bass has got the low end growl I desire, and yet it keeps great tone playing all the high notes. This is my first bass, bought after a year of playing, and I can't think of anything I don't like about it, except for the fact that it is limited in tone adjustment. But, my favorite thing about it, by far, I love the way you can slap this thing. the action was set to play Higher Ground the day I got it. Even the strings that came with it are still sounding great. Whether it's your first bass or ig you've been playing for years, as I have, you must try this out.

Well one of the first things I did was unstall strap locks on here. The buttons that came with it were way too small, mind you my reflexes were getting very fast after having to catch it a few times. I have played with this bass live a lot, it can handle my abuse (jumping, swinging it around, all the show stuff). As it is my only bass, I sort of have to depend on it without a backup, but even if I owned another bass I wouldn't have many concerns with it.

The factory action was amazing. I could pop and slap this baby to my heart's content the first time it was in my hands. In fact, I haven't adjusted this bass in the least since I picked her up. Unfortunately, it came with a dent in the headstock, however it is unnoticable unless you are like me and examine every inch of it. As well, it had chipped paint on the back, where the body meets the neck.

It came with strings, I don't know which brand or even the guage, but I've owned this abss over a year without changing these strings, and they still hold their tone and tuning, not dead in the least.

satanlives
    The only problem I noticed was the cord jack keeps getting loose no matter what I do to it.