Corvette Standard 4-String review by Warwick RockBass

Warwick RockBass: Corvette Standard 4-String

Purchased from: Guitar Amp Keyboard Centre

I play mine through a gallien krueger mbs150, my playing style is any rock (from prog to metal) I also use a DigiTech BP200 (punch setting mainly) as I feel it adds to my tone. I love the sound from the a and e string, the rumble it makes is wonderful and cuts through brilliantly, I slanted the pickups slightly to increase the output from the g and d strings (I advise you do this) as before they seemed slightly weaker than the lower strings.

I've been a bass player 4 years (seriously for just over 2) this bass suit's me and my playing style perfectly, I love it's tone (I love the punch it has) in the buildup to buying this bass I played probably 30 similar standard basses from Fender, Ibanez, Schecter, OLP, Squier, Epiphone, rockbass, Yamaha and Dean. And I put this one top of the pile. Were it stolen (after hunting down the perpetrator and beating him to death) I'd either rebuy it or save up for the standard Warwick standard bubinga corvette.

This is a wonderful guitar for Live playing: it's light, well built and comes with strap locks. While I've had only two oppurtunities so far it's been perfect, I would have no qualms with playing without a backup (I don't just out of good habit) as I know it would hold up fine.

As mentioned earlier mine was not set up particularly well, however I did play several other warwicks and rockbasses in the shop before deciding on this and I do not think this a completely fair reflection of there quality control. From my experience I'd rate the factoy setup good. you may be asking why I did not simply buy a different rockbass from this one in the shop, firstly I held the tone of this one above the similar vampyres and thumbs etc. But also it was extremely easy to adjust the action and pickups heights (especially with the adjust a nut feature) this ease of use I love and is another reason why I rate this above your standard MIM Fender or Ibanez SR

This is my second ever bass after a Squier Precision bass. New with an alder body, black finish with a rosewood fretboard, typical corvette shape which I love. Absolutely perfectly balance with no neck dive what'soever. Also includes straplocks which are very handy. Came with standard MEC passive pickups (j configuration), I disliked these at first but seem to have gotten use too and now love. Overall great bass, I will not give it a ten as mine developed a faulty a string and a loose knob very quickly. Since these minor issues were fixed it has been perfect.