Corvette Standard 4-String review by Warwick RockBass

Warwick RockBass: Corvette Standard 4-String

Purchased from: Music Villa (local store)

I play a wide variety of styles-- rock, metal, worship, funk, alternative-- and my Corvette handles every style like it was made for that particular style. It has an amazing low-end growl to the point that I rarely need to use distortion on anything besides very heavy music. However, this is not to say that the treble has been dampened at all; by contrast, it gives clear, resonating tones even on the highest frets. Whether I use a pick or my fingers, it gives the sound I'm looking for. Slapping this bass is absolute heaven: the action is low enough to create a very nice slap sound with a clear tone. This bass delivers for all sounds and all techniques.

I know my review probably sounds like I am trying to sell one of these things, but I am so darn impressed that I can't help but gush about how awesome it truly is. I was originally looking at getting a MusicMan Stingray because I know that those are also great basses, but I am so happy that I chose this one over the Stingray. The MusicMan just didn't have the resonance and overall sound that this bass does. This Warwick has great sound, a beautiful look, and is so durable. It is disappointing that own a mediocre (at best) amp so I can't really use my Corvette to its full potential, but I have used it through good systems before and it sounds amazing. I love everything about this bass and if-- Lord forbid-- it got stolen or destroyed somehow, I would be heartbroken. But I'd definitely get a new one as soon as I could-- maybe even a 5 string version. To those of you who are like me and cannot quite afford something like a Spector or another high-end bass, I would advise you to get a Warwick Corvette. It is more than worth everything you pay for, and will definitely serve you well for a long time.

Like I said before, this bass is solid and built like a tank. All of the parts are solid and seem like they will last a really long time. Everything is nice and tight: the pickups, the straplocks, the control knobs, the bridge... everything. I would totally use this bass in a gig without a back-up; I do not see it failing in any aspect for many years. The only thing is that the finish-- since it is a natural oil-- will probably fade decently fast, and if I don't take care of it and reapply the wax included with the guitar it will probably look rather dull after a while. But I see that not really as an issue but more as a requirement for such a high quality bass.

In my opinion, this bass is rock-solid. The wood is heavy but also feels very sturdy, and the hardware looks/feels solid as well. The pickups feel snug and the action is nice and low but not too low that the strings clang against the fretboard too much. It came with its own set of straplocks that are strong and durable. I haven't found any flaws yet, and to be honest I don't think that I will. Everything is in tip-top shape.

I bought this bass Brand New not too long ago after I was looking for a replacement for my Squirer P-Bass Special. It is a 2009 model that I happened to find in my local guitar shop after they happened to get a shipment of Warwicks in. It has a massive 24-fret neck made of ovangkol wood and a super-solid (and heavy) body made from bubinga. The neck is thick but definitely fast for its size, and I love the fact that it has brass frets rather than the silver ones that most other guitars have. The wood is simply beautiful all over and is very smooth to the touch, but the bass still keeps a "rock" sense about it. It has an oil finish that makes the wood look even better. I got mine with active electronics which boost the sound a lot and give it extra punch. The sad part is that I had ordered a hard case for it earlier in preparation and I didn't even need to: I received a gig bag along with the bass that is built like a tank. I also got a very nice user care kit in the bag as well. All in all, this bass guitar feels very professional and looks absolutely beautiful... Definitely aesthetically pleasing-- even to anyone who may balk at the look of natural wood.

xTKsaucex
    roundwoundsound wrote: warwickshit?
    warwick is far from shit, Im gettin one of the beauts' for my next bass. Do a custom shop job on it as well, me fancy a dragon on the fretboard.
    Ghefly
    Judging by the price on some of these reviews I think people are reviewing the Warwick Corvette as oppose to the Warwick Rockbass Corvette, made in Germany and Japan respectively. Mind you, my Corvette is awesome, the only thing I dislike is the frest are quite large and the neck is very long and thick.