Corvette Standard 4-String review by Warwick RockBass

Warwick RockBass: Corvette Standard 4-String

Purchased from: Sam Asg

I find that when I do play, I play a wide variety (hence my multiple bass collection). The Warwick itself has a muddy sound which is good for when you want to play some heavier stuff or if you want to be the background for a simple pop song cover. It has a deep sound that shakes the house. I use a Fender Rumble 350 as my amp and all the settings are exactly in the middle. I do not use a pedal often or really ever. The bass itself does have some variety but it certainly is not a jazz bass. It is pretty difficult to slap on, but that's a good enough reason to purchase another bass.

I started playing bass with the simple things like Green Day and The Offspring and it worked, then I moved onto the Red Hot Chili Peppers and for that, it works for a jam or lonely basement playing, but I would not use the Warwick to do a cover or play in public just because there are better options for that kind of music for the same price. I have been playing for roughly 2 and half years and I started on a bass that the strings were like 2 inches away from, so this DEFINITELY is a step up and I would suggest it to anyone really.

The finish has a few scratches in it, and by a few I mean a lot. The scratches are from simple things like necklaces that it hits against and buttons. They are all on the back and I would rather scratches on the body than the fret board or something. Earlier this year though, someone knocked over the bass and it fell fret board first onto the ground. There was a massive amount of rattling only on the G string. So for a fall that big, I was impressed that the only damage was that (plus a scratch but that's not really a big deal to me at least). The kind people again, at Sam Ash, readjusted the fret board and it was back to normal. It also does well at outside shows and does well in parades.

The action is great, strings close to the frets and the frets were beautifully crafted and initially there was no ringing or clicking. My only complaint from this perspective is that the third knob was not properly put on or something and it often fell off (luckily the kind people at Sam Ash fixed that problem.) And I would like to take this time to say that I have had a few times where internally, the bass has broken. The jack gets loose very quickly and from plugging it in for different songs, the jack got so loose and was attached to something or other, because a wire snapped. And just recently another one snapped. I do play a majority of the day and I am often switching instruments, so I am not sure if I got a dud or if I was too rough but I just wanted to put that out there.

- 24 frets - 2 MEC passive pickups - multi-layered Maple neck with Ekanga veneers - 2/3 control knobs are push/pull - bolts for secure strap - 34 inch - Rosewood fret board - indicators to where the twelfth fret is and what not is on the side not visible to crowds or fans or your computer screen Did not include: - gig bag - tools - case - strap Although they did have security locks for the strap to stay in securely but several times the security lock did not properly work and the bass almost fell as a result.

brmbasstrials
    hello bassplayers maybe i want to buy this bass but my question is can you play in a drop b??? if i play a b with my musicman sounds it very bad Boyd