Streamer Standard 4-String review by Warwick RockBass

Warwick RockBass: Streamer Standard 4-String

I generally listen to rock and alt. rock so I have a broad range of music styles I listen to, and this bass fits in there perfectly, the tone and volume output is good and with the sustain the bass has. At the moment I am using a 400W Jade Hurricane through 2seperate cabs with a 15Inc Woofer + 1 Peszo Mid + 3 Tweeters in each. The bass is a good all rounder with most styles, it has a clean crisp twangy sound for funk, and with the right knob changes you can get a clean grungy rock sound from it.

The music I currently play with my band is more rock oriented so this bass is perfect for anyone out there wanting a very good entry level bass for a reasonable price for something of this quality. But if there were one thing I wish this bass would have, it would be smaller strap buttons, as my strap locks have a hard time working themselves on the bloody things.

I have given this bass a nice going through with over 20 Live gigs to it and many many hours practicing. I have yet to have to adjust the neck, and there are no serious injuries on the bass at all, as with every other experienced bassist, I would always pack a backup as should the unthinkable happen.

The Rock Bass Streamers are designed and parts made in Germany and they are send to Thailand to be made, then sent back to Germany for testing etc. The pickups as I said earlier are MEC soapbars which give a nice tone to them, when I bought this bass there weer no flaws present and to date (2 and a half years later) still no flaws have developed. Which is perfect.

The streamer comes standard with 24 frets, and has a thin neck. The finish is a glossy black with a transparent red stain underneath, the wood is Carolena, which is uncommon to find a bass made of one around this price range. The neck itself is Maple but the finger board is Rosewood. The body is curvy and nice to hold. The neck is just a one piece set, so it's good for beginner/intermediate bassists. The electronics are passive with 2x MEC Soapbar pickups. There are three knobs, the first two control each pickup volume, and the third is a passive tone control for both pickups. When I bought the bass I was given a 15W combo with it, a strap, lead and a soft case to go.

vonroden
    Just got myself a blue Warwick Streamer yesterday and it plays very good and it sounds 10x than my Squirer P-bass i have too, Just miss the P-bass type-sound but its nice otherwise. I need to get a new Strap :/ the pink strap on my squirer dosent fit. And i feel pretty uncomfortable sitting with it.
    vonroden
    The nut is very easy to break, (just-a-nut 3) it first loose from the neck, then next the rail on the side breaks so its unusable