Streamer Standard 4-String Review

manufacturer: Warwick RockBass date: 01/29/2007 category: Bass Guitars
Warwick RockBass: Streamer Standard 4-String
The solid carolena body, hardly ever found on basses in this price range, delivers a large variety of exceptional, pleasing tones and incredible sustain.
 Features: 8.5
 9.5
 9.7
 9.3
 19,217
reviews (2) 4 comments vote for this gear:
Streamer Standard 4-String Reviewed by: MickTheBassist, on january 29, 2007

Features: The streamer comes standard with 24 frets, and has a thin neck. The finish is a glossy black with a transparent red stain underneath, the wood is Carolena, which is uncommon to find a bass made of one around this price range. The neck itself is Maple but the finger board is Rosewood. The body is curvy and nice to hold. The neck is just a one piece set, so it's good for beginner/intermediate bassists. The electronics are passive with 2x MEC Soapbar pickups. There are three knobs, the first two control each pickup volume, and the third is a passive tone control for both pickups. When I bought the bass I was given a 15W combo with it, a strap, lead and a soft case to go. // 9

Sound: I generally listen to rock and alt. rock so I have a broad range of music styles I listen to, and this bass fits in there perfectly, the tone and volume output is good and with the sustain the bass has. At the moment I am using a 400W Jade Hurricane through 2seperate cabs with a 15Inc Woofer + 1 Peszo Mid + 3 Tweeters in each. The bass is a good all rounder with most styles, it has a clean crisp twangy sound for funk, and with the right knob changes you can get a clean grungy rock sound from it. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The Rock Bass Streamers are designed and parts made in Germany and they are send to Thailand to be made, then sent back to Germany for testing etc. The pickups as I said earlier are MEC soapbars which give a nice tone to them, when I bought this bass there weer no flaws present and to date (2 and a half years later) still no flaws have developed. Which is perfect. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I have given this bass a nice going through with over 20 Live gigs to it and many many hours practicing. I have yet to have to adjust the neck, and there are no serious injuries on the bass at all, as with every other experienced bassist, I would always pack a backup as should the unthinkable happen. // 10

Overall Impression: The music I currently play with my band is more rock oriented so this bass is perfect for anyone out there wanting a very good entry level bass for a reasonable price for something of this quality. But if there were one thing I wish this bass would have, it would be smaller strap buttons, as my strap locks have a hard time working themselves on the bloody things. // 10

Streamer Standard 4-String Reviewed by: unregistered, on december 10, 2004

Purchased from: Billy Hyde Music

Features: The bass has 24 frets good thin neck much like a Fender Precision Bass. The neck is made of mahogany while the fingerboard is made of rosewood, and has the dots on the top rather than having them on the fingerboard. The body is made of Carollina and is therefore pretty heavy. The paintjob is pretty good, it's red and shows the wood and is laminated to give that nice glossy look. I don't quite know about the bridge, but I read a review at a different site that said it had Tune-O-Matic. It has three controls, but since I wasn't listening when I bought the bass I didn't know what they were but I presume that the first two are volume for each humbucker and the third knob is for the tone of both. The pickups have MEC on them, and I don't quite know what brand that is, or whether it stands for anything. When I bought the bass I was just given the bass, so I bought a strap with a devil chick on it, a soft case (which barely protects it in general!) and a 10ft lead. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The bass was perfect when I bought it, and I kept it in pretty good condition throughout the time I've had it, so I guess it was set up alright. The pickups are great they make a nice rich tone that makes the bass sound really good in anything my band and I play. The guitar contained one flaws, the controls weren't labelled which really agrovated me in the first month of playing which I kept trying to figure out what knob did what. // 10

Reliability & Durability: My band hasn't had any live gigs yet but when we jam the bass holds up pretty well. The hardware of the bass is pretty tough since it's carollina so it's pretty hard to damage. The strap buttons are still pretty well attached and show no signs of coming loose so there's no threat there. The bass is reliable and since I only have one bass, I'd only bring that one, but if I had another, lets just say a Squier P Bass, I wouldn't bring it as a back-up because I know that nothing would go wrong with the one I have. // 10

Overall Impression: As I said I play I mainly play AFI, Misfits, Guns N' Roses and The Clash style of rock and a bit of jazz, and the bass fits pretty well into those parts. I was playing a month without and amp and after that month I got a 90 wat Hartke amp which makes the bass sounds great, all I need now is an effects pedal to do mad solos. If I was to ask one thing when I bought the bass it'd have to be what the knobs were, so I would've known earlier and had less trouble figuring out what was what. If I were to ever lose the bass or someone was to steal my bass I wouldn't buy the same bass, although this bass has a special spot in my heart I'd probably buy a Fender Jazz Deluxe since I was looking for a cheep first bass. I love the colour of the bass, and how it shows the wood under it, I also like the headstock because most basses have a huge headstock but mine isn't. And one thing I dislike would be the bottom cut since it doesn't curve the same way as the top one, it just has a short curve downwards. I compare it with most basses I see, and I am pretty happy to have mine, since it has two humbucker pickups so it makes a nice deep rich noise, but I actually don't quite know how different pickups effect the sounds. My bass in my opinion is perfect, it doesn't need anything to be changed, and although I said that I didn't like certain aspects I still think that it is a great bass and I recommend it to anyone who's looking for a good moderately priced bass. // 10

Comments