Streamer Standard 5-String review by Warwick RockBass

Warwick RockBass: Streamer Standard 5-String

Purchased from: N/A

My overall impression of this bass is that it's very versitile, can handle the majority of music styles, looks nice, and plays even nicer. I've been playing for just about 2 years now. I own this bass, a Fender Squier P-Bass, a behringer BX300 combo, my Ampeg BA-115, and the Big Muff Pi distortion/sustain. Although I tend to borrow my friends Warwick Thumb just because it's even better than this one. If it were stolen or lost, and I needed another bass immediatly then yes, I would buy another one, but if not I'd save up and go for the real Warwick. I love the neck on it, it just flows so smoothly through your hand, like a hot knife through butter. It is a little heavy, and makes a P-Bass seem light, but my favorite feature about it is the fule-scale 24 fret neck. I compared this to deans, fenders, and other numerous brands I can't remember right now. I chose this one because of it's versitility and just all-around awesomness.

As long as you tune everything up before a show, and fix the couple issues with the action and pickups, it will with stand live playing with flying colors. I would bring it to a live show with out back up. But I always bring a backup just incase of that 1 in a million chance, no matter what bass I'm using. The strap buttons tend to let the strap slip, alot, but just buy strap locks or use some good old fasion duct-tape to hold it there. It seems the finish will last a long time, it's on there pretty good.

This area the bass tends to lag in. The action was not very good on the factory set up, the pickup springs were way to strong, causing the machinehead to pop out of the wood. The only complaint about the body is some of the grain patterns. Being the sub-company of Warwick, they get all the left-over woods. Other thans those fue things (2 of which can be easily fixed), the bass is fine.

24 Fret, rosewood, full-scale neck. The finish comes in two styles, transparent red gloss, and black gloss. The body is made out of solid Carolena, so it's pretty heavy, but still retains the classic Warwick Streamer shape. The one piece bridge is very sturdy, don't worry about anything happening to it. It has passive electronics, and includes 2 volume (P2, P2), and 1 tone controls. The pickups are closer towards the bridge, and are both MEC Soapbar pickups. The tuners are Warwick made, and hold up very well.