B10 Review

manufacturer: Washburn date: 01/22/2007 category: Bass Guitars
Maple neck with ebony fretboard,active force pickups. Has a standard size neck length.
 6.1
 8.2
 3.9
 2,196
review (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
B10 Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 22, 2007

Features: It was made in 1987 according to the serial number on the back of the headstock. I believe it's american but I'm not too sure. it has 22 frets, the neck is thinner than my other bass (to be expected as the other is a crap Stagg), the neck also has a truss rod. It has a nice vibrant red vinish. It has active electronics, 1 tone control (which also activates/deactivates the preamp), 2 volume controls (for each pickup) and a 3 way pickup selector. It has 2 single Washburn pickups. // 8

Sound: I play a lot of funk, rock and metal and this bass suits all of them. I have used this bass through a 20 watt Stagg amp a 10 watt Marshall practice amp and a 50 watt Peavey amp and it sounds great through all of them. The sound differs depending on how you set it up, it's great for funk if you select the pickup closest to the neck and use active electronics with a really bass'y tone. metal and rock on the other hand sound better when using the pickup closest to the bridge with a clearer tone. It has a great variety for such a cheap guitar. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: I got it second hand but everything was setup perfect. The only thing wrong with the guitar I could find was a little rattling on one of the machine heads and it also needs a fret replacing as the 19th fret cannot be played at all. Not mutch wrong with it to say it is 20 years old. // 9

Reliability & Durability: If I repared it it could easily withstand Live playing, the hardware has lasted 20 years and the finish still looks beautiful. I replaced the strap buttons with ones from another bass of mine because they suited the bass more but the old ones where fine. I would never turn up to a gig without a backup but if I really had to I would be farely confident with this bass. // 9

Overall Impression: I have been playing a little over 2 years I also own a Marshall Rocket Deluxe guitar, a 15 watt guitar amp a 20 watt bass amp, a Korg bass multi FX pedal and various other nitbits. If it where stolen I probably wouldn't buy it again as it's a farely rare bass so I would just buy something like an Ibanez but if I saw another one for roughly the same price I would definately buy it. // 7

Comments