BB5 review by Washburn

Washburn: BB5

I try and play whatever I can get my hands on, but normally I go for a Justin Chancellor meets Flea type of tone. I am using the Eden Nemesis amp with it for gigs, and another Eden for practicing. I can get whatever sounds I want with this bass, I love it to death. I get a nice clean pop out of it. And when I occasionally play with my fingers, it gets a nice low end tone.

The perfect bass. I have been playing since june of 2007, (not that long, but I know my stuff) and I plan on playing this bass for years to come. There is nothing to compare it to, I have yet to play such a perfect bass. It it was stolen etc., I would be amazed, because it never leaves my arms. I wish I had bought the 4 string though, as I don't find myself using the fifth string so much.

I have gigged with this baby about 4 times. And I play heavy, taking all my energy out on my bass. Everything seems solid so far. I drop it alot, although that is not an error of the bass, it is just my clumsiness. This is a tough as nails instrument, I have all my Faith in this thing.

The only problem I can find really is that the knobs fall off easily, so I just don't bother putting them back on. Finish-wise, it has a great finish, I love the headstock, and the body type. Action was perfect when I got it, but during the Switch from fall to winter, it needs adjusting. Overall, almost perfectly set up.

The Washburn Bantam 5 String Bass normally includes active pickups, soapbar pickups, 24 frets, the Buzz Feiten Tuning system. Basswood body, Rosewood fingerboard, and a maple neck. I had to buy a case separately, but that wasn't a huge amount ($40 I think) The tuners stay well, only need adjusting it goes unused for a while. There is no pickup selector.Oh, and it is very heavy, I would say between 10-15 lbs.

silent_suicide
    It may be wierd, but it's really quite nice..... and i'm an electric player i like washburn, decent guitar makers
    tackzx
    I picked one of these up a while ago, and holy hell does this thing produce a creamy sound. I can almost task the tone this bass produces. Mine was in a gun metal gray finish, and looks friggin sweet. Best bass I have ever graced my blistered fingers on, bar none. I dropped it from about 4 feet up onto some asphalt while in a worthless case, and aside from some paint damage and a few dents, it still plays as perfect as the day I got it! Never had to screw with anything. GET ONE.
    tackzx
    I meant to say taste. ^ haha. Task the tone... I made a funny.
    DustinKP
    Well that ^ didn't go well... Anyways thank you so much for this review. I picked up a BB5 about 6 months ago and I freaking love it! However this web page review is the ONLY information out there about this guitar. I even went as far as contacting Washburn about the specifics of the knobs and wiring last week and they sent me the wiring diagram (which i tried to paste above). I made a profile just to post that in case anyone needed it! This review is spot on. Like the guy above me said, GET ONE!