Force 4 ABT Series review by Washburn

Washburn: Force 4 ABT Series

The bass suits my style very well (Punk, a little metal and rock) although it doesn't look like a rock bass because of the natural finish. I have played the bass through a number of different amps and bass modeling processors, and I was always able to get the sound I wanted. This bass gives a very rich sound. However, I have found that in comparing it to my p-basses that, if one wants a real dirty/treble'y sound then you might be a little disappointed. The active ABT p-ups sounds great to me though and are good for everything else other than what I just mentioned.

The bass is really good for what I do and has steadily become my favorite bass just ahead of my Fender American Deluxe p-bass. I have been playing for 7 years now too, so have had the pleasure of playing many quality basses and can confidently say this bass will run with all of them. I was surprised, because I had never heard of Washburn basses one way or the other but this thing is great. If it were stolen, I'd probably buy it again. Either that or get another Fender. I love the finish on it, don't really hate anything about it. My favorite feature would definitely be the neck. I wish it had a selector Switch on it to have a little more variety of sounds. Overall it's a great bass and hope you consider it if you are in the market for a new bass. They make a 5 string of this model as well, I believe.

This guitar will and has survived live playing. The only problem I have ever had with it was the 9volt battery used to run the active controls died once, but that was during practice. Hardware is good and well built (Grover) and Bridge is very hefty. Strap buttons are solid but I'd buy strap locks for them. I would gig it without a back up but I am playing different tunings often and always have a P-Bass or two with me even if I don't (habit).

The action is definitely what sets this bass a part from any other bass that I own. I absolutely love the neck. It is very fast and perfect for what I like to play. Action can be very low without fret buzz =). I will be, however, looking forward to the frets being broke in a little more as they seem to be a little high edgy at the moment but not bad.

The bass has a 24 fret rosewood fretboard which also goes all the way through the body (neck-through). The bass is natural finish and made of very satisfactory looking Bubinga woods. The bridge is very solidly built and fully adjustable. It features two large soap bar style p-ups made by ABT, which are active. There is a volume, tone, bidge and neck pick up controls. Tuners are made by Grover and the bass features the buzz feiten tuning system. Included with the bass for me was a new TKL hard case, although, normally a gig bag is given instead (I think).

WyBrian
    I have one too I got on a trade for a Squire bass years ago. A big step up. One of the tuners stripped so I had to get black ones to replace the silver set. Great action and sustain. I don't know what they are worth but I love mine.
    sandiplunkett49
    I have a Beautiful Washburn Force 4 Wood Bass, I am trying to find out a value. It is in immaculate condition. It was my husbands, who has passed. I think ebay is crazy and I have not seen one exactly like it. Any suggestions?