Force 5 ABT Series review by Washburn

Washburn: Force 5 ABT Series

Purchased from: ebay-almost used

Sounds great, between the hi and low eq's and the pickup blend it's fairly easy to find the sound I like. I play mostly in a Christian band but have also played covers. The pickup and electronics don't create any useless noise. I generally feed Di in the house with no added effects.

I think this is a very good bass. It seems very versatile to me, not a good slapper though, of course that may be me as I really don't do it much. Seems to me that works better on a 4 string. For the price it's a pretty good deal, better than what I paid for.

I have had it for a couple years and not had any problems at all. But having said that I'm not real sure about the Washburn support as no parts lists are available through their website and they refer you to allparts and other online parts suppliers, so I lowered my rating.

This bass was pretty well set up. I did have a bone nut put on it because that was the cheap link. The battery is located behind a cover that requires 2 screws to be removed. Oddly the cover is large enough and the well deep enough that allowed me to mount a battery box in the cover without any whitteling on the body. All the fret work/fit and finish are great, the neck is compfortable, for a 5 string, and smooth. I also went to straplocks. The asemetrical body sits a little wierd on a guitar stand. One last thing, like most active systems the battery is on anytime there's a cord plugged in. But the battery seems to hold up well if you remember to unplug the bass.

Made in Vietnam. 5 string Mahogany body-mine has a beutiful bubinga top Maple/mahogany laminate neck thru body Rosewood fingerboard with dot inlay 24 frets 34" scale Washburn ABT active electronics-built in preamp with hi and low eq control, mids are constant. Die cast bass tuners-they seem to be good quality, they certainly hold there tune. List Price: $959.90-well you know how that works Gig Bag: GB6, Included Colors: Natural Matte 4 knobs-Volume, high eq, low eq and a pikup blend

chy_qn
    Does it have any problems with the B string? Like, it has no punch or something? I heard it happening for Washburns