T24 Taurus Review

manufacturer: Washburn date: 01/04/2010 category: Bass Guitars
Washburn: T24 Taurus
This beautifully stained exotic wood body comes with Grover style tuners, rosewood fingerboard and hardtail string through bridge system. If you don't believe your eyes, wait unitl your ears take a listen.
 Reliability & Durability: 8.5
 Features: 9.5
 9.1
 9.3
 8.9
 13,657
reviews (2) 8 comments vote for this gear:
T24 Taurus Reviewed by: jh_wildarms, on may 24, 2006

Features: It's a 2006 and I really don't know where it was made but it is a 24 fret neck-through bass with a rosewood fingerboard with offset dot inlays. It has a beautiful stained mahogany body (no finish). It has passive eletronics but it still sounds great with a volume knob and a tone knob for each pickup which a washburns ABT Jazz Bass pickups. // 9

Sound: I play all styles of music but my style of choice is Rock. However, this bass is great for all styles of music with its large range of tones you can get from it by selecting pickup tone and volume. it also has strings spaced far enough apart for some really good slap and pop action. I am playing mine on a Hartke 60 watt amp but it still sounds good even on a little 15 watt that I have. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: This bass played very well right out of the box and if it has any cosmetic flaws I have yet to find them. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar has so far held up very well with no visible wear. My only true complaint is it is a bit heavy and for playing for extended periods of time it really helps to have a thick strap. // 7

Overall Impression: This guitar is good for most music. You can any tone from a really smooth cool jazz tone to the snappiest funk tone that you could want. I own a Ibenez 5-String sound gear that I got for about $380 but I always end up playing my Washburn. I would definantly buy this guitar again if any thing were to happen to it. // 9

T24 Taurus Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 04, 2010

Features: This bass is a pure eye candy. The mahogany body with the maple neck through design, catches the eye and the colour scheme works perfectly. It was made in Indonesia and is passive. Although its passive, you get a variety of tones out of this thing. It has Grover tuners which are angled which adds a sleak effect to the bass. The maple neck is so smooth and easy to move along and due to the cut away horn on the body, you can easily acsess all 24 frets. Overall this bass is a beauty. // 10

Sound: This bass can create a variety of tones, from hard driving rock to funking it up by using slap. The slap tone is awesome with agreat attack, the tones you can achieve are perfect for jazz, and blues. But tweaking the tone controls you can get a suitable sound for rock and even metal. Some of the tones you can get are equivalent to high end basses. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The set up from the factory was good. I could play on it straight away, the action was tight and easy to play on straight out of the box. The strings were very bright and had the, what i find, Brand New twangy sound, but they are now great for factory strings. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is solid. You can't see fingerprints on this thing, which I love, as I hate prints. This guitar would withstand gigging, with its mahogany body, I'm sure it would last. The hardware will easily last, its all solidly placed and tight so it wouldn't fall out unless it took a huge bang. You could easily depend on this bass while gigging, and as its passive you don't have to worry about a 9v battery. // 10

Overall Impression: My overall impression? This thing is top class. Awesome looks and sounds but also with the quality that it wont fall apart in your hands. This thing could last years of gigging with the right care and attention. If this were to be stolen, I would cry and buy a new one, haha. Its awesome, the 24 frets allows great oppurtunities for soloing or just jumping around using the different octaves. Overall = Amazing for the money. // 10

Comments