XB100-30 Bass Pack review by Washburn

Washburn: XB100-30 Bass Pack

This bass fits my music style very well. It has madass low end and nice punchy mid end as well, I use Crate bass amps and Peavy bass amps, it has a little bright sound with it, depends on the strings. It has a nice rich sound when tuned very low, it is amazing, rumbles up my recording place. You can string bend, slap, anything really, just be creative.

I mostly play nice metal, Iron Maiden, Cannibal Corpse, The Berzerker, Symphony X, Red Hot Chili Peppers, anything you can imagine. I've been well involved with music for 5 years now, and I've been playing bass for more than 3 years and so many bands want me to play, I did not ask anything when I bought this, because it came with a powerful 30 watts Washburn bass amp, I blew it out like nothng, so I moved on, but I reccomend using the amp as a chair or something when you kill it, if my bass was stolen, I think what I would do is buy a new one, you knwo for variety of tones, and then re-buy the Washburn again, very worth every dollar. Hat I love about this bass, is its full rich low end you get when you have that mad bass line rollin down, or when you have a nice funk lick that sounds sick like Flea from Chili Peppers. I hate the pickups, but buy some DiMarzios to change it. I would compare this to be just about even or even better than Spectors, Ibanez's, maybe ESP's, just name it, you just gotta work with it and with the bass a little bit for that nice sound.

I've played many shows with this, and hell my friends have dropped this many times. I pick it up, and it sounds better every time (not saying you should drop it). The hardware doesn't look like it wold take a beating, so I went to my local hardware store, and matched up the hardware size and bought replacement stuff. It was hard for the stripped hardware though so, the strap buttons are fine, but I upgraded to the Straplock sysem from Dunlop. Better stuff so, this is my first bass, and I would use this bass without a backup because I know how to use it, and I know it wont fail on me. And the beating it takes from me, I would depends m life on it. The finish on it, will last, I have the natural matte finish, and I don't see anything wrong with it, hit some stickers and your set.

The action on it is good, after what I have done to my Washburn, it honestly sounds like a Spector, or a very good Ibanez. I'm not lying, the pickups were laid down nicely, they could of needed better quality because you do hear pop sounds sometimes if you accidently pull to hard while playing and all that funstuff. The only flaws that I knew of, was that the nut isn't that great, try replacing it. I used my own method for a better tone, without spending any money, the input screws strip the wood, but you can solve that easily if you know how to work with it. There is the fret buzz here and there, but you gotta get used to it, and file down it all to make it nice again.

It's a 34" scale neck, I think it is a rosewood fingerboard, and a maple neck, with a mahogany body, split coil pickups, obviously P-Style pickups, adjustable truss-rod, active electronics, I'm not sure about the bridge, there is a volume and a tone knob, but those two knobs can do so much.