XB100-30 Bass Pack review by Washburn

Washburn: XB100-30 Bass Pack

Purchased from: Private Party

Playing this bass as it was sold was excellent, but upgrading the pickups took it to a whole other level. Original pickups provide a fairly bright poppy sound, but can be shaped to play some darker, heavier music as well. My style involves a fair amount of chordal playing, and the sound was great. I did however purchase DiMarzio humbuckers and I can say hands down, between how well the DiMarzio's compliment the sound and how great this bass plays, I will never get rid of it. Fret buzz is minimal on the rare occasion it occurs. Overall, this is a very versatile bass that can be used for all styles successfully.

I play a broad range of music, from Jack Johnson sounding music to A7x covers and I can depend on this bass to work every style in between perfectly. I got a much better product than I was expecting, and would certainly buy one again if something ever happened to this one. My only complaint is I do wish it had a bridge pickup, but the DiMarzio pickups provide enough tone to make up for it. I would recommend this bass for anyone from a beginner to a seasoned pro.

This is my primary bass for gigging, and it hasn't given me a problem yet. I upgraded to Dunlop Straplocks, however I never had any issues with the originals. This bass has been knocked over, thrown around, and even had a cinderblock put on top of it at one point(Long story...) and still looks and plays great. I have taken this bass through hell and back and I would still gig with it without a backup.

You will not find better action for the price than you can get with this Washburn. I have played with a number of other basses, including Ibanez, Warwick, etc and while those do have mind blowing action, I can Switch back to the Washburn with ease. This bass was flawless when it came into my possession. The neck is rather quick, so transitioning to higher on the neck is no trouble at all.

I purchased this in near new condition from a close friend who had never really played it. This bass was Stellar with original it's original single passive pickup and simple volume and tone controls. If you are looking for the ability to shape and mold your sound heavily using only your bass, this is not for you. However if you are looking for a simplistic bass that will go through hell and back, the Washburn XB100 fits the bill perfectly.