XB925 review by Washburn

Washburn: XB925

I play metal and it is a good match. But, like I said, it's good for all styles of music. I also own an Ampeg BA210, like I said before. I have been playing for 21 months and I've had this bass for 15 months. I would hate for it to get stolen because my dad has a bad back and cant find a job because of it and he's trying to get dissability. Only my mom is working, and to be honest, were kinda poor, so it would really suck if it was stolen. I'm 13 and I got it for my 12th birthday. It retails for $2, 350, but I got a great deal because the guy said that I was a great bass player and he liked my playing. I only had to pay $500. And plus I only had to pay $75 a month until it was paid off. If it was stolen though my first choice would be this bass. (My second would be a 5 stribg Warwick Thumb bass).

I think that I'll play this same bass until the day I die. Although I do have to say that if you do a lot of popin and slapin, when your finger goes down to do the a pop, your finger nail with dig down into the polish and it will eventually get down to the wood because the layer is so thin. So every once in a while you will have to get a fresh coating of it. I would definatly do a gig without a backup. As long as none of the strings break. I'll play like 10 Mudvayne song and after words it will still be in tune.

Both of the pickups were right in place, nothing was done poorly, and the sound is amazing. And it will take a beatin to. One time before I got strap locks I was playing along with a Mudvayne DVD in my living room. Inbetween one of the songs I shut the door beside the tv so that it wouldn't be loud in the other rooms. My hands were only off of the bass for like 2 seconds and the strap came off and the bass slammed down hard onto the floor. I freaked out and went to go plug up the bass to the amp to make sure that it still worked. Everything worked fine and beleive it or not, all five strings were still in tune! And when I looked at the bass, there were only like 3 very very small dents that you could only see if you held it up in the light. Then, I looked at our wood floor, and the floor was torn all to peices. I couldn't beleive it! I was standing there thinking "Oh my God, the floor got torn up and the bass got a few minor dents."

I'm not really sure what year it was made, although I do know that it's and American made bass. It has 24 frets and a 34" scale. The bass has a beautiful mapel top and neck with a swamp ash body. The different colors available are Bubinga, Zebra, and natural Matte, which is what mine is. Another awesome thing about the bass is the body style is different from any other bass. I've never seen anything like it. It also features a Takeuchi bridge and 5 different knobs. Volume, pickup, hi output, lo output, and tone. It has 2 pickups, a neck and a bridge, both bartolini. The tuners are grovers and use the Buzz Feiten Tuning System.