Spectrum ST Bass review by Westone

Purchased from: Cash Converters

This is a great bass, excelent first bass(my first bass) it offers great value and playability. I'll keep this bass long after I upgrade.

I've played this bass live on various occasions, iv never even bothered to keep a backup, the finish has stood up to it and hasnt scratched much & it doesnt need to be tuned often, the strap buttons are in a very good place and they are quite strong - great gig bass (which is what il be using it for when I get a new one).

Excelent action, nice feeling neck pickups were reasonably good the finish was excelent, the entire thing is black with black hardware all over. Plays great for a bass of this price.

This is an oldish Westone bass, I'd say about 1980 - 1990. I'm not sure about construction as the entire thing is painted a flat glossy black - full black hardware. 4 string with Fender style headstock, 21 frets - standard size, one volume - one tone nob, single pickup. I got an original Westone bass case with it for an extra $40 - great workmanship. Not sure what to call the body style, I personaly like it and its cutaways are rather short and horn like.

kodiakblair
    I've the GT model which is the next step up. MagnaBass III and IV pick ups, Magna Bridge in Metallic Red. Westone made good basses then from the famed Matsumoku factory. Often overlooked for the Thunder series these go for around £120 to £150 in the UK. Shame Westone's gone now as they were an inventive company that produced their own designs rather than copy others. The GT's were priced as high as $549 in 86 which wasn't far off Fender prices. They were playing for keeps.