RBX260 review by Yamaha

Purchased from: Pawn X-Change

Using a small Fender amp, it makes a nice jazz sound when I play soft parts of songs, but sounds really nice with the Overdrive on my amp too. I tend to play Alt and Hard Rock, and I think this bass works perfect for almost any style, comparing to a Fender Precision that I used to play. I use the strings that the bass came with at the pawn shop, and they sound fine.

I've has the 260 for a while and can see that it's a good instrument. For learners, it's not the optimum guitar, (I would recommend a basic bass like a Fender or Fame precision) but I like it for personal playing and live. Get it if you have the chance. :)

I have slapped this bass so hard and plucked so hard, and tried SO desperatley to break a string, and I swear to God I cannot. I've played this live, and it produces good sound. Used it for 2 years and Love it.

I noticed that the guitar is easy to scratch. I play quite a bit of pick, and for some reason that doesn't scratch it, but from every other imaginable way it does. It streaks up too, which is kind of annoying when you're playing live. But otherwise it looks fine.

Got it in very good quality at a pawn shop; Rosewood on Maple 24-fret neck, solid red colored RBX-style Alder body with 2 smooth pick-ups, tone and volume knob, 4-string adjustable bridge, and the maple head is split 2-2. It's a beutiful bass. Not very heavy either, about as heavy as my Fender Strat.