RBX374 review by Yamaha

Yamaha: RBX374

It suits any style and is especially good for rock/metal. I use it with a Behringer BX4500T 450watt head and a 4x10" aluminium coned cab. It has a great sound for any style and is great for some funk style stuff. You don't get any feedback at all even though the pickups are louder than any other bass that I've ever played! It's best not to put the bass and treble up on full as you get distortion through very cheap amps (although not mine), just keep them in mid-position and turn up the amp! Wide variety of sounds can be created from Jaco to Pantera.

I mostly play rock and metal and this guitar is a good match for it. I also play other styles, funk, jazz too and it suits them well too. If it was stolen I would try some other basses since I have had more experience now and would prefer a professional bass like a Fender Jazz, Precision. This does sound pro though. I love the fact you can get it to sound like the bass you could never get or your own custom bass. The action is great and it stays in tune all the time.

This guitar had stood many live gigs. Just the paint come off pretty easy, but that's my fault anyway. The hardware looks like it will last forever and still sounds great after nearly 2 years. I don't have a backup guitar at all and don't need one, just spare batteries because it's active. The finish comes off easily but that doesn't make a differnce to how it sounds.

The action came fine out of the factory, although I have changed it many times when I change strings etc. The pickups were fine too and there were no flaws at all!

It was made in 2004. Japan/China. It's got 24 jumbo frets and I think its 34" scale. It's got a maple neck and rosewood fingerboard, the body is probably ash I'm not really that sure. Silver metallic finish although mines pretty battered up. Standard bulkier than Fender bridge. It's got active electronics (9V), with a 2-band EQ (bass, treble) and volume and pickup sweep selector. The pickups are Yamaha humbuckers (bridge & neck) very-high output. The tuners are just standard sealed Yamaha ones.

h0d0g
    has any1 got a 774...supposedly they r seling really bad...
    bassmonkey16
    i'd love to get my hands on that body.... a good friend of mine plays yamahas. he has a high end model, i forget which. but man do they ever have a versatile tone.
    ben_trivium
    can some one please tell me the price of the guitar as i cannot findout. my email is pinkispunk_ben@hotmail.com
    campbed_2000
    i no this has nothing to do with this, but i must keep to some of the narrowminded people on UG, IVE GOT ONE WORD FOR YOU< DRAGONFORCE!! EVRYONE ELSE SUCKS!!
    metpajoe
    i have the rbx-375.they are such good basses especially for that price and i have played the 374 which is also really good
    Name Eman
    i really dislike this bass, for the same price i bought an Ibanez SRX700, far superior in my opinion, this bass has suprisingly minimal control over the sound, and the quality of the switches and dials (on the one i've played) were poor. Spend your money on better things, i'd say
    Ultrabassman
    The bass cost 240 quid when i bought it. The week after they were selling it for 199 (!) so there you go. By the way I wrote this review, UG made a mistake again. Ultrabassman