RBX374 review by Yamaha

Yamaha: RBX374

My style is Blues, Jazz, Rock, Punk, Ska, and light Metal. This works for all of it. You have to know what each control does to it max before hand, otherwise you think it sounds like crap. However it is active so it peaks out amps easily. The 24 fret board really makes harmonics, higher sounds, and complete octave much easier.

This is perfect for someone who is exploring bass, or who wants to play all styles. I have been playing for 6 years. I also own a Squier Affinity V (with EMG pickups) and an acoustic Ibanez bass. I wished I had asked with was volue (took me a while to figure it out). Compared to my first bass (Squier Jazz Bass, starter pack) it is fantastic and has amazing range. I wish it had come in a different color but I can always paint.

I have had it two years and it holds up well. Other than a couple nicks on the back of the neck (my fault not the companies) it has held up really well. It uses a 9v battery that dies every other month or so if used daily. Strap buttons are standard. Harware other than some tarnishing is holding up well.

My action was actually a little low (believe it or not) and that was fixed at GC for free. The slap on it is really good when action is a bit higher that manufacturers make. There were no major problems on the bass (action was it). No other adjustments were made. Later I strung it up with flat wound string to make it easier to slide.

Made in China, made 2009, solid top, rosewood neck, no finish, sort of a Strat style body with extended top arm, fixed bridge, active humbucking pickups, 4 controls - One mast. volume, one mast. tone one blend and one bass, two Yamaha humbucking pickups, non-locking tuners aka Standard.