RBX375 review by Yamaha

Yamaha: RBX375

Great sound, can be altered to suit most styles of music, but predominantly shines when playing rock and metal. My favourite sound is a deep, refined sound, and this bass gives it brilliantly. Also great sound when slapping and popping, as well as when tapping.

A great bass to own, and a real pleasure to play. I am very pleased with the way Yamaha have made this bass, and I am much more likely to buy a Yamaha bass as a second bass than I was before I bought this. Also really great value for money, cheap for a five string, and on a par with a 500/600 bass. As I said, the only nag is the battery, the only real solution is to always replace it before playing live. The only thing I may replace this with would be a 6 or 7 string bass.

Very solid bass, I have used it live and it stood up very well, even with me literally dripping sweat all over it (hot summer night and very hot stage lights). All the knobs and straps are strong, and take a few bashes around from time to time. Definetly going to be using this bass as my main axe for a while yet. The only problem I have with the bass is having to carry round spare batteries all the time for the active electronics, the bass starts to lose volume as the batteries lose power, more than once I've thought I've blown my amp.

The action needed adjusting slightly to accomodate the low B string, however once adjusted this bass is a pleasure to play. Very fast neck, I picked up an Ibanez in the shop before trying the 4-string variant of this bass, and there was no comparison. Great finish, tough and modern, though not overly resistant to scratching. Good strings, I kept the ones that it came with and they sound great.

The Yamaha RBX375 provide bassists with a powerful sound a great look. These basses are built to take the abuse of the road with their Alder bodies and bolt-on 24-fret, 34" scale maple necks. They are also equipped with two newly designed, high-output ceramic hum-canceling pickups that can beef up any rig, a 2-band active EQ, a master volume control, and a pickup blending control to dial in massive tone!

LoW
    I have used this bass for 2 years andd it's great in band job! of course some people don't want to use yamaha guitars bcuz they does also very much different thingsbut this is just great!
    ZootCst
    The headstock angle does not create enough tension on the low B string for a 34" scale 5 string bass. make it 35" or increase the headstock angle to about 18 degrees and I'll try again. the electronics are acceptable for a bass in this price range, though.
    aleop
    i have one of theese and ive got to say it is amazing and i love it mine is like industructable i have dented scratched it and yet it plays amazingly i love it and its sound quality is the best even tho my amp is a peavy *cough* sux but the bass is great complements aleop love aleop =)
    Weybl Himself
    Bass player in my band uses the 4 string version of this, absolute monster for what you pay for it, and tough as hell too.
    aleop
    wrote: What would be the average cost for one of these?
    AND ALSO IT DEPENDS ON WHERE YOU SHOP I WENT TO SOUTHEND TO PMT AND GOT MINE FOR 300 BUT THAY CAN BE CHEAPER OR MORE EXSPENSIVE