RBX375 review by Yamaha

Yamaha: RBX375

I got this as an upgrade to an RBX170. The difference in tone is amazing. This beast has huge sustain, and a great tone (although not extremely versatile, best for rock and metal (what I play anyway) but slaps well). Sounds great with Boss Overdrive. One thing I love about this bass is the lows are beefy but the highs are still full and bright. Playing through a Dean 30 watt practise amp, yet to play through a big amp but sounds great so far.

This is perfect for any style of rock but really shines out in metal. If it was stolen I'd be depressed for abouta year and then go out and buy another one as the 775 is too similar to this for the price difference. The thing I love most about this is it's looks. The headstock looks awesome as it has a cutaway part (if you look at it on the internet you can only see it properly on the silver one bit it is noticeable in real life for the black) and the whole of the body is black (even the neck, which looks really good I have to say) and the fat pickups make the body look much smaller an dreally sleek. The cutaway design add to this as well, making this one a real looker.

I haven't had it for very long but even so I've hit it a few times and it holds out like a Fortress. Everything looks built to last. I don't really know about the strap buttons as I fitted a Dunlop Straplok before I even played it (highly recommended by me). I would definitely use it as my only bass during a gig as it is versatile within certain styles and because it's a 5 string you can forget about drop tuning. The finish is quite scratch resistant but they don't show much on the black finish, the guy at the shop told me that the silver ones show scratches a lot.

Bought bass from shop in mint condition, perfect except the saddle for the low B string needed adjusting (easily done with allen key) and one of the control knobs was slightly loose (also easily fixed). The tuning pegs, bridge and pickups were all fine, and there were no flaws on the bass.

I bought mine in a shop so I didn't get anything with it but from my experience with Yamaha you should get two allen keys (for the truss rod and bridge saddles) and a cable (not particularly great but still useful). Could do with a 3 band EQ perhaps?

Eagle86
    A real fine bass. One of the best i have played! It looks better in reality than on the pictures. And sound great.
    slash6464
    i got the black one of these, and its simply amazing, i love everything about it, it looks good, its pretty versatile, as its an active, you can eq it perfectly to what you want, and simply cuts straight through everything and everyone in the band. i love it, zootCst is right though the angle of the headstock isn't sharp enough, but it plays pretty good so no complaints, it cost me 100 aussie dollar, mint condition, but second hand, 6 months
    Clinton133
    I have this Bass guitar in Red. one of the best things i have ever bought. These things can handle anything, ive bumped it on heaps of things by accident, and still works perfectly. My Prized Posession
    musenath
    I have the rbx170 in red (the 4 string one) and it's a great bass but I think im ready to move on soon so I think I may get this one I'd have it in a different colour though! Although the yamaha TRB1005 looks very nice