RBX375 review by Yamaha

Yamaha: RBX375

Price paid: € 400

Purchased from: Muzikos Faktorius

Just don`t know how to say it. Incredible. For a bass at this price range, the sound is top notch. The 2-way EQ really allows me to change between my styles (I play heavy metal, death metal, rock, a little bit of jazzy stuff). I'm currently using a Zoom B2 effects pedal thru an Hiwatt Maxwatt series amp. This bass makes my crappy amp sound reasonably well. No matter how you adjust the EQ, the bass has almost no noise what's so ever. Giving it a 10 for the perfect rock/metal sound.

This is a good bass for anything that ends with the word METAL, although it wouldn't sound bad for something else. I've been playing for a year now. I play it through a Hiwatt Maxwatt combo and a Zoom B2. When I bought it, I got everything I thought I would get for that price. If it were stolen I would stomp the f--k out of the bastard and take my bass home. Maybe the only thing that I would trade it for is a custom Spector Legend. Overall, 9.

This bass IS intended to be played Live, that`s what the body and sound says about the bass. The hardware/body/straps look like a tank, which is built to last. Like I said, this tank can go solo, without any backup. 9.

Got it straight outta the box. I only needed to adjust the things, that I prefer my way (Lower B string action, stronger string tension, lower pickups), but tahts just my way, so for some it might be straight-outta-the-box perfect. other than that, nothing bad. 9.

Yamaha RBX-375. 2007 made. 34" scale 5-stringer, black glossy finish on alder RBX-style body, rosewood bolt-on neck, 2 big badass active humbuckers, volume, balance, bass and high EQ. The bass came in a very basic cardboard box, had two Allen wrenches - one for the truss rod and one for the bridge saddle adjustment, and a cable (Really bad cables, the cheap ones - lots of noise. My Klotz cables sound a lot better). I'm giving a 9 just because of the 34" scale for a 5-stringer.

rejected1
    I almost traded mine for this, until I heard a few complaints about the RBX Series suck and everything. But I guess it depends though.
    osborowitch
    great bass ! i bought it 3 years ago and recently i got the worwick corvette $$ and i still enjoy playing the YAMAHA
    GidBass
    Got mine just a week ago, what a monster! Low B tends to be to lose, but it's not a very big deal. Sound is awesome, I replaced the cheap D'addario's right away for some good set of Elixers and with the active electronics fed in an Warwick amp, I can pull any sound i want from this bass.
    CoventryEngland
    i also got one. it is amazing the only thing is the active pickup in it. it requires a 9volt battery and if it goes, the bass dies other then that great product yamaha
    tsiku
    need little help with my rbx375 i want to ask , when i want to buy other strings for it and their box says for the string size 045-065-085-105-135. will they go for my bass, and the little book what came with my bass says 2.7-2.8-2.9-3.0-3.1 for my strings height, sry still newb with strings topic. and want to ask which control button is which , lets say the bass guitar is front of you. like this http://www.yamaha-europe.com/picture_arc... cal_instruments/guitars_basses_amps/bass_guitars/RBX_375_hig h_jpg.jpg then i know the right is bass control and left is volume but the other two ? tnx for the help