RBX375 review by Yamaha

Yamaha: RBX375

Price paid: A$ 500

Purchased from: Music Park

I play everything from rock, to metal, to jazz, to whatever my concert band conductor throws me and says we're playing. It fits metal and rock perfectly from the get go, and I can get some nice tones for jazz and other stuff with a bit of tweaking. I play it through an Ashton BA15 practice amp at home, and (unfortunately) a Behringer BXL3000 at school, but at some gigs I have been able to play it through some nicer amps too. I also have a DigiTech BP355 multi-effect unit which makes this bass even more versatile.

It's spot on for the metal I play, and a pretty good fit for all the other stuff too. I got it after 2 years of playing as an upgrade from my RBX270. I wish I'd asked if they had it in red, the red one looks a lot cooler than my black one (the black looks pretty good too though). If it were stolen/lost I'd probably upgrade, I've now been playing for nearly 5 years so I'd be due for an upgrade if I didn't need a new amp.

I've used it live and it's never once failed on me. You just have to remember to always have a spare battery because it will gradually get quieter over time, them it'll start sounding distorted. After that it'll just stop turning on, I had a panic attack the first time that happened until I realized it had a flat battery.

The action was spot on straight from the store, it was horribly out of tune but that's the way with something that's been on a rack for who knows how long and played by however many people before I bought it. It had no flaws or anything when I got it (it has a few knock here and there now).

34" 24 fret bolt on maple neck with rosewood fingerboard. Solid Alder body, with an active 2 band EQ, volume and pan. 2 Humbucking pickups. Store was having a clearance so I didn't get anything with it.

Minimallamb
    ^Well. My girlfriend uses one through a Russian Muff clone and it sounds really good for distortion and fuzz
    Rock.Baba
    Jus now got a RBX375 Brilliant bass guitar Love to play with it ppl it's best
    cliffwick
    This bass is awesome!!! I bought mine used a couple of weeks ago from someone on Craigslist. I paid $225 for it. To all who have doubts about this bass, consider this; it is 2014 and this bass is still in production. Enough said. This bass is outstanding for metal by the way and the red one looks the best.