RBX A2 review by Yamaha

Yamaha: RBX A2

I use this bass with a kinda crappy bass amp but I'm getting a new one soon I also use it with a guitar amp it's a dinky little Ibanez amp for now I also have a bass pre-amp it's a Behringer Bass V-Amp I use that with some kickass sennheiser studio headphones I think they are irish made all I know is when I was producing music they could blow my ears off! this bass through this kickass pre-amp and awesome headphones sounds great I kind of want more options than what they give me but what they give me is plenty for a beginning player!

This thing matches any type of music, I play a little guitar I have a Squier Bullet sometimes I use this bass with a Behringer Bass V-Amp it's a preamp I picked up I use that with a dinky little Ibanez guitar amp and sometimes a high quality peavy bass amp and other times an awesome big bertha bass cabinet. I've only done that 4 times tho... I wish it came with a guitar amp I had to get one seperate I kinda wish it was a 5 or 6 string but I'll get one of those when I'm a more advanced player it's realy simple and also super awesome I would realy change anything it is ideal! All I can say is it was the ultimate beginner bass for me. here lets put it this way I was at guitar center there was a group of advanced players browsing guitars and basses and this place was packed loud and buisy and when I plugged this thing into this amp and staryed testing it a drew a crowd and I had started playing for about 2 weeks before this.

No wear yet still new I've dropped it a few times haven't even scuffed the paint. and no I don't mean like drop it while I'm holding it I mean like it was leaning on a table and it tipped over onto a hard wood floor. It's durrable headstock has a lot of plastic on it I don't trust plastic the battery burned out after like 3 weeks, I wouldn't say it's the most durable but it's pretty darn tough

This bass has a high action which lowers buzz to an absolute minimum it has no flaws that I'm aware of it was built very well it hasn't gone out of tune even once it's still in tune! That's how well it was built no flaws everything is perfect it has a beautiful rich sound it has a jet black finish with a silver lining around the side it has light up dials that wax and wane when you turn them up and down they are red and blue (Master volume red tone knob no.1 blue tone knob no.2 no light)

I got my guitar late october 2008 I think it was still pretty new don't know how new, this guitar was made in indonesia according to the sticker on the back, the neck is very wide (Compared to all the Fender, peavy, and Ibanez basses at the guitar center) I can fit my middle finger in between each of the strings at the top of the neck and play both strings with no buzz clean. The whole reason I bought this guitar over a 5 string Ibanez was the fact that it has a high action it didn't buzz one bit I tried to make it buzz I hit mid neck on the "E" string. nothing. clean. it has a verry crisp and "Buttery" sound to it. it's very comfortable I can play anything I have been playing bass for only 3 months now this is my first bass that I have owned but I have played and had unlimited access to 7 electric bass guitars and 2 acoustic and one stand up bass and this one trumps all of them, this bass has a huge range you can go from jazz to metal with a turn of a knob, it's got a realy futuristic look in a way it's real sleek and modern is jet black with brushed metal tuning keys and bridge, it has a 1 master volume knob and 2 tone knobs usualy when I mess with tone knobs with basses I can't hear the difference in sound with this one you can not only hear you can feel the difference it's very powerful. The fingerboard has no dots on it which takes a little getting used to but I feel it looks better plus you can see the little dots on the side when you are playing it so it doesnt't hinder your performance. it didn't come with anything I just took it right off the guitar stand and walked out with it and a coffin case. It is super lightweight I was playing a weekly gig with a Fender Musicmaster bass I liked it it was comfortable but it was heavy! Damn I couldnt play that thing for more than 30 minutes at a time without feeling like my back was gonna telescope! this bass I can, and have, played for 2 hours solid standing up the entire time. it's so light it's hollow bodied most basses achieved sustain through thick wood and and large surface area this bass achieves better sustain and less weight!! it's amazing it hasn't even gone out of tune yet!!!

regulatorsrock
    Recently purchased this bass (black). Light and easy to play. Think anyone who can find one will undoubtably enjoy.
    eddydo
    i got this bass few months ago. it was AWESOME. and light too
    balkanos
    My friends gave me away this bass and I can state that is one of the lightest that I have ever played. The sound is cool and the ergonomy of the fretboard is awesome. Its a great purchase.
    Basskie
    i got one a year ago when i started playing and im loving it, its makes an awesome guitar for bigginers and intermediate players.
    Philly C
    yea the white one looks like crap but you got to get the black and silver one the standard color is butt ugly but it looks sick in black
    brunomirabalsalaberry
    i've been playing this bass for 6 years now, it's the most comfortable instrument i've ever played, whenever i switch back to my 5 string it feels like someone turned the gravity on. Sad to see it's been discontinued. I freaking love that bass! The 9v battery is there just to feed the lights which is totally unnecesary I removed it two weeks after I purchased it. It also makes the tiniest noise with the battery on so lights off for me, and the black one of course.
    Philly C
    i just found out that the red and blue knobs are volume for the front and back pickups and the non light up knob is tone