Input The Output review by 1000 Hertz

• Released: Sep 24, 2007
  • Users' score: 1 (1 vote)
1000 Hertz: Input The Output

On first hearing this album, I'd be lying if I said I was a huge fan, only because I wasn't sure what to expect. It did take a good few listens to realise what an absolute experience this album is. This is the kind of music you listening to before you go out on a protest, or the soundtrack to bringing down the houses of parliment. Politically fueled, fist in the air, pissed off punk rock. From a place you'd least expect, Milton Keynes, the city built on clipboard surveys and goverment signatures. Full of static guitars, head pounding drums, and vocals that make you wonder how the frontman still has the ability to talk after every show. This is not an album designed to sound pretty. It feels angry, it feels pissed off, it feels like four dudes, beating the hell out of their selective instruments, to let the whole world know they're here.

As said before, this is a very politically fueled album, With lines like "This new fear, They code named it Terror, Since Jesus, got pissed off with Allah" from opening track "Give Me An Amen" and "The magazines, Youth marketing, Selling the dreams, Exploiting insecurity" from "How Much Does It Cost You?" screaming a very In-your-face opinion at the listener. Politics certainly aren't the only theme in the lyrics though, personal struggles and self doubt are clearly evident in tracks such as "Fallen Ground" and "Silence means everything". Even the 1 minute 14 second long track "Hello I Have No Hope" consisting of a repeated drum beat, samples and effects has a title you can relate to.

I can't say I've ever owned an album that has sounded anything even vaguely like this, It has elements of hardcore, punk, and even metal cropping up on the odd occasion. If you're a fan of bands like Rise Against, Black Flag and Gallows, you will love these guys. The whole CD from start to finish is just an ride of emotions, from, love, to loss, from, anger and hate, to sucess. If I were to ever part with it, I would happily go out and buy another. An album from a band, that stands out from the slightly stale, modern rock/metal scene, Obsessed entirely on image and trying to be like everyone else.