Division review by 10 Years

• Released: May 13, 2008
10 Years: Division

10 Years has the most beautiful hard rock music I have ever heard. It took 3 years for the band to come out with such a melodic album. "Division" is very raw and emotional, touching upon every feeling possible. Guitar, bass and drum are great on this record. I don't think it sounds too much like their last album, but it's obvious that they have grown from their last record. Like their previous, this album is very dark and melodic; but "Division" packages so much more emotion and the band has stepped out of their comfort zone, specifically on the tracks "Focus" and "Drug Of Choice". Although it is a very emomtive album, it does not lose its power and heavyness.

The lyrics on this album are not as deep as their previous albums in my opinion, but Jesse Hasek has a very creative way of expressing his emotions. His voice binds strong with the music on this record, and the band out done themselves with their melodic tones. The singer has one of the most euphonic voices I have ever heard, and it presents itself strongly on the record; especially on the track "Focus".

"Actions & Motives" is the perfect song to start off this album, very powerful and ear-catching. The most impressive songs on this album include: "Just Can't Win", "Russian Roulette", "Focus", "Beautiful", "Actions & Movtives" and "Dying Youth" (yes, there are a lot of great songs on this record). However, I am not too fond of the song "So Long, Good-Bye for the simple fact that it is very basic and cliche. But the album does end very beautifully with the six minute track "Proud Of You".

mr. riff
    Keyphur
    hmm, never really gave 10 years much credit im gunna have to check this one out
    Shor-T Zero
    I'd like see someone's take of "Cycle of Life". I think it's an awesome song and one of their best. That's just me though. I have to agree with mr. riff, it was a bit weird seeing Jesse without dreads, but he still is rockin' it dread-less. I'd give this album a 9/10, maybe even a 9.5 / 10. It's hard for me to give an album 10/10, so its extremely good in my books.
    jhawk182
    mr. riff wrote: Division is such a good album, but I prefer the Autumn Effect to it. Is anyone else bummed out that Jesse cut his dreads?
    Im extremely bummed he cut his dreads. They looked soo cool.
    HolyDiver1118
    With the exception of Rebotco, noone has mentioned the song Alabama. This song is incredible and it is tied with Beautiful as my favorite song on the album
    AmplifySilence
    wiel-e-waal wrote: can some one put a good tab of so long goodbye on ug please Am- C- G- Am for the chorus thank you 10 years division album of 2008 !!!!
    Interesting, i asked Matt (the guitarist) about that song. It really isnt hard to play at all, and i think tabs are up now. But yeah it is C, G, Am.
    Aszo Kraana
    I love this album and every song on it, they are all so well written. I normally listen to heavier stuff, like Killswitch Engage and All That Remains, but this is probably my favorite album from any band ever . I definitely agree with freakonaleash; a freaking masterpiece.
    nmcollins05
    A very melodic yet heavy band at times. You won't hear them on the radio as much as you should. A very good album, and probably best of 2008. If I had to pick between this and The Autumn Effect, it would probably be the ladder. Lyrically, I like this album more though.
    ihatu
    Rockinguitar wrote: 110 AM Daydreamer. Best rock song, best acoustic solo ending
    wow fail
    MethLabForCutie
    for the various element that this band throws in on this album, it can be quite boring. they were compared to chevelle and Breaking Benjamin, who are both MOUNDS better. breaking benjamin has lost heir edge, but chevelle is still the best band in hard rock today. i do have to say, i enjoyed this album quite thoroughly and bought it right after i saw them live. it has its moments, but is pretty generic for my taste. the songs get old quick
    roundwoundsound
    HighPotency wrote: Its pretty good but i prefer the Autumn Effect. If you like tool or a perfect circle, the Autumn Effect is a good album to start with.
    i completely agree here.my fav. band is tool,but when it comes to these guys? i liked the autumn effect way better than this album.the autumn effect seemed much harder,and darker.this album seemed like they started leaning toward a 3 doors down sound(which isn't a very good way to lean,imo)rather than a tool-esque one.this album seemed way softer,and more upbeat.i didn't like it at all actually. i give them alot of credit for completly changing their sound,but some bands have a hard time pulling it off..i also have to agree with methlabforcutie,as i thought alot of songs sounded similar and kind of repetitive.boring after a while if you ask me..