Feeding The Wolves review by 10 Years

• Released: Aug 31, 2010
10 Years: Feeding The Wolves

I am a fan of this band. My most interesting detail connected to this band is the genre. I am in high school and "The Wicked Ones" was featured on Channel One News. Upon hearing this demo I thought "Is that the vocalist for Chevelle?" I have been a fan of Chevelle for a while so this was a plus for my opinion. This is their fourth studio album and as a first impression to me, I am impressed. The band said this is their heaviest material so far. I did a review on We Came As Romans and would have to say this is not very heavy. "One More Day" features Acoustic in the introduction and it's not too fast. Apart from comparing to WCAR, as to Chevelle they are great. I do like the use of distortion on the guitar, it is like a background while the vocals power over the listener and heavily influences the need to change the way people think and decide.

Once again, sounds like the vocalist of Chevelle. Two thumbs up. The lyrics are really moving and make you come to a sense that nothing in this world happens unless someone is causing it. The need to tell a person to step up and try. Apply yourself. The lyrics form perfectly with the guitar. The drums and vocals are like the boom and the guitar and bass are the force that drives the lead head on into anything in their way. The singer has a tendency to sing at a steady pace and then suddenly ascend in pitch that has a dragging feeling, like you need to find out what happens next in the song. Good teamwork here.

If you like Chevelle, or Breaking Benjamin, or Tool could even be thrown in there to realations. I read a comment on Youtube that said "These guys opened up for Chevelle and personally I think they stole the entire show". My personal favorites are "Chasing The Rapture", "Dead In The Water", and "Now Is The Time". Those three shoot down the whole album and leave a great impression. They give you that feeling of never settling down and going out and doing something completely out of the normal. The confidence this album brings you is absolutely unbelievable. I would recommended this band to anyone who likes rocking out and even light screamo fans would most likely enjoy listening to 10 Years. They have excellent past records as well, "Feeding The Wolves" is not a once of a kind. Definitely a job well done for the studio recording and touring of this newest album.

stigno89
    some mistakes with this review, first, they aren't a quartet, there are five members of this band. Second, you got the lyrics wrong for the chorus of Shoot it out, and also wrote "attempting to tweak the time signature a bit within the middle of the chorus (and then take it back again to the original time)" Yet I'm pretty sure the chorus stays in 4/4 throughout.