The Autumn Effect review by 10 Years

• Released: Aug 16, 2005
10 Years: The Autumn Effect

I would describe the sound as dark, sad, almost mysterious. It is very good, though. The guitars are excellent for setting the mood, although they are simple riffs. A lot of the songs are similar-sounding; however, they don't give a repetitive impression. 10 Years simply has a very different style. I like it (a lot), but I think some people might not. I've heard from some poeple that 10 Years sound a lot like Tool. I don't agree with this, I can see where they get the idea, but I definateky see the differences. I only mention it in case you have no idea what they sound like; well, now you do. Anyway, 10 Years has a very distinct sound. Also, they are very melodic. As for vocals, the singer has an amazing voice. I don't think anyone can disagree with that. The music overall is one you just have to listen to. Some songs can rock (not too hard, though), some can move you with their melody. But, with this album, you just have to listen to it. Listen closely. And, still, some might not like it. Some might not understand the music. But I definately liked it.

Oh, wow. The only thing I could think of that is bad about the lyrics is that they are vague at times. Sometimes it is hard to grasp their full meaning. Now, I think some people won't like the lyrics for this (that's why I said it could be a bad thing). But I think this is what makes their style of lyrics so great. In reality, their lyrics are very poetic. Sometimes I read their lyrics-without the music-and they can be read as poems. Lyrically, 10 Years is very deep. Deep lyrics with deep meanings. I think this is one of the band's strongest points. Like I said about the sound, you kind of just have to listen to them. Oh, as for the singer, I think I wrote a bit about it already. But, just to reiterate, he has a great voice. That is all.

The Autumn Effect is an album that you just have to listen to (I think I've been saying that all along). It is a very good CD. A very different sound. The best songs on the album, in my opinion, are "Wasteland" and "Through The Iris" (they were singles). Some of the songs that weren't singles that are also very good are: "The Autumn Effect" and "Seasons to Cycels" (this one is absolutely beautiful. 10 Years' next album is to be released in a few weeks, but I wanted to write this review because I thought that this album was great. I think some poeple might not like the sound, because it takes getting used to. But, again, if you listen to it, you will understand it. The problem with this album is that it lacks a huge hit, They need to expand their music a bit more to be able to create songs that are gonna be great. It needs a couple songs that are gonna absolutely blow you away the first time you listen to it. The album as a whole might, or mayne the lyrics or the vocals, but not one SONG has will do it. Even so, if I lost this CD, I would run to hte store in my underwear and buy another copy of it. It is a great CD.

meonme
    i actually live super close to these guys... like 3 miles from mater, the guitarist, to bad theyre on tour now anyway... i gotta say they really have risen to the occasion... being a rock group in Knoxville, Tennessee isnt the easiest thing in the world lol... great guys though, and the new album is brilliant... glad i got to know em before they got famous
    greenz
    Im happy for the success that these guys have received but I feel that to be short lived. By far from the best, and his tone isn't anything special. sometimes it can be a bit annoying. this band is the kind of band that your okay listening to a couple of songs but after that your like, "I had enough." Thats just my opinion however.
    Xakaryus
    Saw this band with Mudvayne last year. They have ,by far, the best live sound of anyone I've ever seen.