12 Stones review by 12 Stones

• Released: Apr 23, 2002
12 Stones: 12 Stones

Alright if you're looking for great rock music than look no further. Eric Weaver, the guitarist, is simply one of the best new rock guitarists around right now. The guy plays lead guitar for crying out loud(What an innovative idea)!! The sound is sort of like 3 Doors Down meets Creed but that's not really a fair comparison because 12 stones blow both those bands out of the water.

The lyrical content of this album has a very strong christian/positive message which I personally think is awesome, not only because of what they are saying but because they don't absolutely suck while saying it which is a rare occurence when talking about a christian rock band. The only problem with the lyrics is that the singer uses phrases like "I need you now," all the time. It's kind of like a game to see how many times you can count him saying it.

This album is simply amazing from start to finish. The guitarists not plays lead but he plays it well. They fuse the rhythm guitar sound of today with the lead sound of the 80's(when lead was good). The singer is great and the rhythm section does an excellent job as well. Not only that but, each song hits you in completely different way (unlike, oh say Creed, whose songs sounds exactly the same, except for the Weathered CD). I'd love to reccomend some personal favorites but they are all so great... but if I had to choose I'd probably say, Fade Away, Broken, or The Way I Feel. So what are you still doing here? Go buy this CD!!! ...now!