12 Stones review by 12 Stones

• Released: Apr 23, 2002
12 Stones: 12 Stones

12 Stones is a post-grunge/hard rock band. They don't have any slow ballads, all of thier songs are very loud and energetic, with fast paced guitar and drum riffs, and screaming vocals. You can pretty much head bang to every song. The sound is near perfect, although some listeners might not appreciate the lack of creativity. There are a lot of alt. rock bands out today, that steal evey one elses guitar styles, however, 12 Stones has a very unique sound that is relatively new to the genre.

The lyrics are very powerful, and are free from any objectionable content. I am a christian, and I listen to alot of rock music. It is good to see a rock band of my taste, using christian lyrics. For example, the hit song "The Way I Feel," cries out for Jesus. "I hate the way I fell tonight, and I know I need you in my life." "In the midst of darkness Lord, my spirit calls for you." All the lyrics are positive, and very uplifting. Paul Mcoy's voice is amazing. His voice can be very soft at times, but he also adds in some screaming vocals. His voice is very moving, and catchy.

This album is one of my favorites in my CD collection, there is nothing that I hate about it. If this CD were stolen or lost, I would be very upset, and I would get a new one right away. If you are looking for a hard rock band, that uses positive messages, this is the band for you.