Anthem For The Underdog Review

artist: 12 Stones date: 08/20/2007 category: compact discs

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

12 Stones: Anthem For The Underdog
Release Date: Aug 14, 2007
Label: Wind-Up
Genres: Post-Grunge, Hard Rock
They use a very post-grunge style that varies from pretty hard to pretty soft.
 7.3
 6.3
 8.3
review (1) 11 comments vote for this album:
Anthem For The Underdog Reviewed by: AmplifySilence, on august 20, 2007

Sound: I guess you could say that the music is good. They use a very post-grunge style that varies from pretty hard to pretty soft. Their most upbeat song is probably "Adrenaline" and it is a great rock song. The softest is "Lie to Me [Acoustic]". It is obviously the acoustic version of a song also on the CD, but it is a nice ballad. Overall a good sound. Nothing way too impressive, however. // 8

Lyrics: Lyrically, the band has room for improvement. A lot of clichs used, some rhymes sound forced, and a lot of lines just sound corny (At least I thought so). For example, "This Dark Day" starts out like this, "I'm flushing the pills/I've lost all my will/.../and I can't rewind/I'm the suffering kind..." It just sounds way too corny. They did have some nice lines in there, however, like a lot of lines in the verses of "lie to Me", or in "Broken Road. As for the singer, he has an average singing voice. He does a nice job screaming, not too out of control. // 4

Overall Impression: Some of the better songs here are "Lie to Me" and the acoustic version of the same song, "Broken Road" which, by the way, was co-written by Chris Daughtry, in case you care-, "Hey Love" is a sweet little ballad, and "Adrenaline" rocks. I actually didn't dislike any song on the album, but I only loved a few of them. If it got stolen I actually wouldn't buy it again, but I'd keep it on my MP3 player. I listen to it while I clean my house. It's good for that.But it is a pretty good CD, just not a super standout. // 7

More 12 Stones reviews rating latest review