Potter's Field review by 12 Stones

• Released: Aug 24, 2004
  • Reviewer's score: 6.7 Neat
12 Stones: Potter's Field

This album was okay over all I would say. The sound of the band on this album is kind of blurry if you know what I mean. There isn't as much of the bass like there was on the debut album of 12 Stones. On this album the sound Eric and Greg make are a little too gritty I mean what happened to Kevin Dorr, on the debut album he and Eric rocked.

The messages in the lyrics weren't very positive like on the debut album. Like on "Far Away" it talks about hate, and other unpositive feelings. In practically all of the songs it talks about hate. But the lyrics did mix with the sound, except for on "Photograph" it started off pretty smooth and paceful it sounded like a smooth rock song then all of a sudden the gritty noise comes into play and everything falls apart, it's a good song, but it goes in different directions.

My whole impression on the album is that it was okay, nothing special, the best songs to me were "Shadows," "Bitter," "Lifeless," "Waiting For Yesterday," and "Speak Your Mind." You don't really need to own this album unless you find it on sale (which I doubt you will).