The End Is Begun review by 3

• Released: Jul 24, 2007
3: The End Is Begun

The band 3 is a progressive rock band that has managed to stay underground since the early 90s, for which I commend them. The End is Begun is 3's 5th album release. This album has some killer solos, although there could be more of them. And not all of them are equal. There are a few untraditional instruments thrown in here and there, like taos drums, for instance. Their music doesn't lack in strength, with plenty of gusto put into it. They even throw in some acoustic every once in a while to mix things up a bit.

This album has pretty good lyrics, some with really great insight and originality. The singer is great to listen to. Nowadays it's hard to find singers who don't do the death growl/scream-o thing, but 3's singer has a clean, higher voice that is pleasing to listen to. The lyrics and the music mesh well.

One downfall of this album is that there is not a huge variety from one song to the next most of the time. It'll take several listens before you'll be able to really tell most of the songs apart, but when you do, I think you'll agree that it's a good album. Some of the best songs on this album are The End is Begun, All That Remains, Shadow Play, and "These Iron Bones". Overall this album is a great find, and I suggest it for anyone who likes rock or metal music. I would definitely replace it if I lost it.

Geothermal
    I also stopped reading after the Coheed comparisons, they're hardly related to eachother anymore apart from being friends as Josh has left Coheed
    Silas S Thompso
    I saw them open for the scorpions last september and it was kick ass. They were touring for the album. I loved these iron bones.
    fifopher
    spikedemon! wrote: I would check them out but im kinda put off by the bad grammer in the album title. Do they just want people to think they're stupid? Not a good goal if you ask me.
    The grammar is correct, just unusual and awkward because people don't usually use that context. "Begun" being synonymous to "Started"... It is started. In the case of the title, "begun" is used as a state-of-being, not as a past-tense of a verb. It's "GRAMMETICALLY" correct