30 Seconds To Mars review by 30 Seconds To Mars

• Released: Aug 13, 2002
30 Seconds To Mars: 30 Seconds To Mars

I see a lot of reviews for the new album but none for this one which is a little odd. Don't get me wrong, the new album is badass. But it doesn't come close to this one mainly because while there similar in sound. Their musical styles are completely different. The music in this album is alot less mainstream sounding and more futuristic than "A Beatiful Lie."

The lyrics are good. A little weird at times, but Jared Leto is an amazing vocalist with a lot of talent. I really think this album showcases his skills better than the new album.

Overall, this album is really, really good, in my opinion its better than the new one. I still recommend picking up "A Beautiful Lie" but if you want a more raw and rock sounding effort, then this is perfect for you and id start with it first. Songs that really showcase what a great band this is are: Capricorn, Fallen, Oblivion, Edge Of The Earth, and my favorite The End Of The Beginning. Great debut by one of the only good bands if not the only good band to have been put together by an actor.