30 Seconds To Mars review by 30 Seconds To Mars

• Released: Aug 13, 2002
30 Seconds To Mars: 30 Seconds To Mars

You can get totally lost in this album. Of course this band has changed a lot from this album to the next one, I think they have nailed what this generation of rock has lacked. Their guitars and different ambient noises make you seem like your in space (which is the subject of most of the songs). These guys are impressive and can be listened to over and over. Note that 30 seconds to mars isnt for everyone, but I know their is an audiance that craves this music like this and this band delivers.

The lyrics are somewhat bland. I have to say that I'm not impressed with this albums lyrics but the group definatly improved as far as creating a story for each song in the new CD "A Beautiful Lie." Jared's singing is amazing, he's is one of the best singers of all time in my book. His raspy screams and his melodic tones in the songs can really alter your mood. So really. The lyrics might be complete cheese, but after a while you actually start to like it, not to mention his voice makes up for it.

These guys are a new kind of emo-rock band, I am into breaking benjamin and stuff like that but I like this group. I Would say their best songs are "Fallen", "Capricorn (A Brand New Name)", and "Oblivion". I Love how these guys can't be really compared to anyone else as far as sound style goes. The downfall is that they were lost to mainstream "emo" music lovers.

sector_seven
    Great album, hard to believe that the singer actualy made movies about getting high on crack and heroine. Amazing singing ans song writting when you listen close and read the lyrics it all makes sens.
    HughF
    This band takes far too much flak for A Beautiful Lie. If people would just listen to this album instead...you get the general idea.
    M0 (0R0N@
    to tell u the truth guys ima get this album tomorrow cuz much i haven't listened to this album
    Lukeman1984
    this albums badass from beginning to end i'm glad it didnt go mainstream that much like the one after this one.
    Vyccy
    This is an immense album, lets be honest. A Beautiful Lie is amazing as well, but I love the sound of the guitars in this one more than a new one. As someone's already said, it's more "raw".
    xSophie
    This album is very cool. its not the music i'm really into because i don't like "emo" But I really like this, my fav track is buddha for mary.
    Symmetry4321
    Oblivion and Edge of the Earth are actually thier best songs, but there some songs on the new record that beat most of this one
    rockme
    at first I listened to "a beautiful lie" and I liked it, although it's a bit (or more? xD) mainstream. So when I started to listen to their first alb I was really impressed and confused, because it sounds completely different. It's rougher, harder, guitars are stronger and yeah... the second alb is like wine, the first is like bread, if you know what I mean. Both are good, but both of them have their very own distinct. The first alb also reminds me a bit of Nirvana o." 30stm were also far away from mainstream with that alb but that doesn't mean they did a bad job, it's a really good longplayer. My favourite songs are also Capricorn, Year Zero and Fallen. It's amazing how Jared makes it to sing in so many different ways- it really gets into your ears. This alb grows on you, the more you hear it the better it becomes. Oh, and that doesn't stop
    mickmars2
    it's been almost 6 months since i bought a beautiful lie and i still haven't got this album. i started listenin to 30sec again a few days ago after just kinda givin them a rest and now i've absorbed it all up i've been previewing tracks from this so now if you'll excuse me i gotta go buy it.....
    staind_dust87
    I love this album, I don't know if it's as good as the new one, but pretty close. This one has more of a hard rock sound. Capricorn, Edge Of The Earth, Oblivion, and End Of The Beginning are my favorites.
    millyloves30stm
    This is the most amazing album I have ever bought. Their lyrics are insane and shit can Leto scream!! Matt and Tomo's guitar playing skills are bloddy awesome and Shannon can play like hell! I swear I've listened to that CD over 200 times and NONE of the songs I am sick of.. Simply amazing, proud to be in the Echelon!!! Provehito In Altum
    JackWilson12
    This is one of the best albums i own! Its spacey rock vibe makes me high! I recommend it! My favourite tracks on it are Oblivion, Capricorn, The Mission and edge of the earth! 10 out of 10
    XChemicalPanicX
    This album is amazing,and i'd recommend it to anyone who wants to free their mind for at least an hour. This cd is really something compared to all the other cd's out there. The latest cd has gave way to another wave of "emo" and I have to admit that I'm one of them. But i truly care for the first album and how it takes me to another level each time I listen to it!
    torYxx
    I hope 30stm goes back to there old way of sounding and writing.This cd is brilliant produce space rock vibe.There new cd doesnt even compare to this in terms of how well structured it is and overall sound.Its big and bold.
    pigmaggots
    anyone that says the lyrics are bland for this album is a tool. The lyrics are immense for this...and dumbed down for the newer one. Buy this cd!
    bloodred16
    This album is incredible, tonnes better than beautiful lie!! It reminds me of Adema and the direction Adema should have gone in. Capricorn for me is the best song!
    MrMDogg
    Not a bad album, but it seems that it has 5-6 great songs, the rest are all just fills.
    Loki_37
    Always liked A Beautiful Lie, but WOW! This album is amazing, best song is Buddha For Mary, feels so Tool inspired, but not a rip-off or anything. I give them no flak for being mainstream, as they're one of the better mainstream bands IMO.