A Beautiful Lie review by 30 Seconds To Mars

• Released: Aug 30, 2005
30 Seconds To Mars: A Beautiful Lie

Well to start off A Beautiful Lie has changed a lot more than there first to CD to me by the way the songs are less trippy, more of a solid sound that is perfect. The sound to me is like a bunch of violens, very pure with no faults in it at all. Overall I'd have to say this is one of the greatest albums put with that actually use different distortions with tomo's keyboard playing.

Jared's job with them are amazing, they actually tell something about there lives and how they are struggling to make it into the music businesss with out the stupid handicap of Jared being an actor. Most songs have random lyrics about food being cooked and then the next line goes into something about a bridge. 30stm's lyrics are no where near that at all. Overall with Jared's voice, it is awesome, in the song From Yesterday Jared's voice is stratched and it shows his lung capacity which is very very impressive.

Overall I would have to compare this album with no-one, I don't think anyone out there has a sound quite like this at all which makes it very unique. The most impressive songs by far are Attack, A Beautiful Lie, The Kill, The Fantasy, From Yesterday, a modern myth and the bonus track Battle of one. I basically love everything on this album up the last guitar stroke. If this album was lost I would have to buy it again because I would feel complete with having it again.

ThirtySTM
    "A Beautiful Life" is probably the highlight of the record. That's a song by a bisexual guy, who was cheated by one of his partners." Perhaps if you had your facts right, I'd give a little more credence to your review. Seeing as you operate on hearsay and conjecture, however, your highly biased opinion can be easily dismissed.
    Stu18
    I love both discs about equally, and have seen these guys a couple times. If you like the discs, you'll love them live! Jared and Shannon (the Leto bros.) really bring a lot of energy to theperformance, and that comes across on the records.
    kryzay311
    BRMC
    who cares if your gay,bisexual, or not. when i first listen 30stm, buddha for mary i thought it was orignial and amazing. the second album was amazing and in my opinon even better. you have to push back the fact that just because he is a actor doesnt mean that he cant in a kick ass band.
    kevinmawae25
    kryzay311 wrote: i thought this was a fantastic album, maybe better than the self titled predecessor. its a beautiful lie BTW, not beautiful life. + jared leto being bisexual would explain the video for the kill, wouldnt it?
    No the video for the Kill was actually a tribute to the movie 'the Shining" it follows basically the same plot twists with 30 secs putting their own rock and roll spin on it... and i absolutly love this album, it is a great peice of music, maybe not the most technical but sure as hell is entertaing. and also 30 seconds is a phonominal live band
    sheratonplyr369
    I saw these guys in concert opening for Audioslave and hated them. Just seemed like another dime-a-dozen emo artist.