A Beautiful Lie review by 30 Seconds To Mars

• Released: Aug 30, 2005
30 Seconds To Mars: A Beautiful Lie

Their sound is very peculiar in the beginning but after listening to the CD once or twice I couldn't stop. I listen to it once a day at minimum and it just seems to make my whole day better. They don't use very much guitar or drums that I have really noticed other then the recording sounds but it sure has worked for them and they absolutely need to keep it up all the way.

The lyrics are very good. It shows a different outlook on love and hate and also the meaning of the word goodbye on the song "A Modern Myth." They show your their perspectives basically and try to make it so you think the same way and it is in no way bas over all refreshing and inspiring that someone can do so much with music.

This album went above and beyond their other album in my opinion such as the songs "A Beautiful Lie," "R-Evolve" and "A Modern Myth." What I love is their sound all together how it mixes with the lyrics and everything seems to be perfectly times. It is very quick in specific parts and can sound slow and be slow in some parts and sound fast. I don't know how they do it but they of coarse need to make sure they never stop. I don't want them to fall off the map like Green Day did where only their old music was good and they start putting of no hit wonders.

Inspir3d
    Fantastic band, Jared has a great voice, Shannon and Tomo are amazing musicians. If i ever get the chance to, I'd definitely go see them live. I found this album really well balanced and truly inspiring. Motivating and energetic music is what I like to listen to. And 30STM delivers in spades. 10/10
    emo-nemo
    30 Second to mars are an amazing band, they are all great people my sister has met them all twice. The music is amazing even though the radio and music channels like scuzz and kerrang over play them a bit to much. 30 stm are amazing live so if you get the chance to go then go! both the albums rock. long live 30 Seconds To Mars!
    Cheezy
    BOSS BOSS BOSS band, and a really great sound. I would'nt say its a pioneering sound but definitely a fresh one in a world of emo wailing
    scb
    a great cd, i need to find out when theyre back in england!
    MrMDogg
    Awesome CD, "From Yesterday" is one of the greatest rock songs ever written.
    XChemicalPanicX
    The music sustains me, but Jared's voice keeps me coming back for more. This album isn't as "insane" as the last one. Though the very first cd was amazing beyond compare, this one captivaded me and I had to sing along.
    diabetic6string
    I think this album rocked. Some of th reviews sounded stupid, like the first review. I suppose though you need have a likenin for music with that simple scream.
    Tumble-weed
    Really sick of hearing "From Yesterday" and "A Beautiful Lie"...Very generic band imo.