Evolver review by 311

• Released: Jul 22, 2003
311: Evolver

I didn't know what to expect about this album, it's supposed to be way different from the other albums, and it's kinda different more rock and a little bit less ragaee and rap. I liked this album alot actually but I would like to see them go back to the old 311 style but don't get me wrong this album is great. Best songs are Sometimes Jack Rule The Realm, Don't Dwell, and Still Dreaming.

The lyrics are pretty good but different I would have to say. One song that stuck out was Beyond The Grey Sky, it's a ballad that's about Nick's friend who took his own life, I wouldn't think he would write lyrics about that, it's great though. Also there are a bunch of songs about girls and all that, it's real different for 311.

This album's great it's real good solid rock which is alot different for 311. I like it alot, if you're a hardcore 311 fan you will be really suprised. The best songs are Still Dreaming, Sometimes, Jacks Will Rule The Realm, Other Side Of Things, Don't Dwell, and there a lot of more good songs too. So don't hesitate to buy it.

jhooves
    This is kind of a soft cd, with a lot of thoughtful or emotional lyrics and the music to match. 311's always good, but this isn't my favorite. I'm used to lots of energy, and this album didn't really bring it. Good chilling music though.