Greatest Hits 93-03 Review

311: Greatest Hits 93-03
Released: June 8, 2004
Genre: Rock
Styles: Alternative Pop/Rock, Funk Metal, Rap-Rock
Greatest Hits '93-'03 is the perfect time capsule for the casual 311 fan.
 Lyrics: 8.5
 9.1
 8.5
 9.7
Greatest Hits 93-03 Reviewed by: TheTallOne, on june 29, 2004

Sound: Well I've heard almost every song on this album before, with the exception of their two new singles. The sound on this album is good, but their older songs "Do You Right" and "Homebrew" didn't sound as good as the rest. // 8

Lyrics: One of the things I like best about 311 is that their lyrics involve daily life. I like all of the metaphors that are in the lyrics. // 10

Overall Impression: I was expecting a little too much out of a "Greatest Hits" cd and I was dissapointed with some of the songs that were cut from this album, like "Prisoner" and "Omaha Stylee". The most impressive songs on the album are their new ones "How Do You Feel?" and "First Straw". The thing I hate about this album is "Love Song". If this album was stolen, I would get a new one, but I would shop arund for the best price. I think that if you like this band, then you should buy it. I cant wit untill they come out with a "Best of 311" cd. // 8

Greatest Hits 93-03 Reviewed by: FRANCIS777, on june 28, 2006

Sound: Whenever I want to fall happy and in love I watch 50 first dates, and whenever I watch it I fell and hooked to the soundtrack lovesong a 311 remake of its original from the cure. It's more good from the original version. The song sets out to capture a womans heart, that is the 311 sound. A soothing sound of alternative immense from a riff of reggae pick, where we astounds from its music and gives it a praise // 9

Lyrics: The 311 greatest hits made popular by the song lovesong in 2003. And accompanied by the hits tracks of 311 since they started. They sound as what the lyrics imply. A happy, cool sound where every kind of genra people effect, whether its rock alternative with full effexs accompanied> flowing, A fast rap > down, A reggae chorus > amber. And its full lyrics is talking about situations in life where every kind of people experiencing on. // 7

Overall Impression: The greatest hits reminds us of their hits that flows from the chart, for me its one of the best, a collection I will not borrow from anyone. But buy it. Even though theres no lyrics attached from the pack but its full of pictures of 311 where they started the band up to now, future. "Whenever I'm alone with you" phrases from the Lovesong hits will make you better if you play the album. It's double hits, hits from the movie 50 first dates and hits from the 311. So where you gonna go. Go and buy it its not late. // 9

Comments